The Chainlink

I haven't dialed in my cold weather gear yet so I seem to be getting cold a lot. I'm starting to get used to being cold but when I get home... I took the hottest shower. It was wonderful. Fingers and toes nicely wrinkled. I think the post-cold weather ride shower is one of the best feelings. Ever.

Views: 1529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to say the post cold weather ride "anything" is an endorphin fueled good time!

mmmm...grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup!

That's one of my favorites! Yum!

A good bike ride is visceral and sensuous. One engages directly with the universe. A ride on a cold day is the most intense in these regards!

Yup and yup!  Riding this morning at 5 am to Amlings for the Toy Ride with lights on and streets silent I was joyful on my bike. I had my down mittens (which I rarely employ) and the heaviest of my balaclavas.  Happiness heated my hands and the balaclava kept my *&#% eating grin from being seen by the nobody else who was  out there.  

"Seven reasons why riding in the cold is far more fun than it should be"

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/seven-reasons-why-r...

It's hard to dial in the gear when the temperatures keep bouncing around! But I've been enjoying the less-crowded roads and the good moment when I've warmed up about halfway to work. :)

So true!:-)

Bicycling Magazine came up with some good cold weather recovery meals you can be prepare using a slow cooker. I made the smoked chicken sausage and northern bean stew in a Dutch oven (on my stove) and added carrots, 1/2 onion, seasoning (cayenne pepper, smoked paprika) and garlic. Looking forward to the apple cinnamon steel cut oatmeal next. 

You can find BICYCLING magazine slow cooker recovery meals here: 

http://www.bicycling.com/food/recipes/7-healthy-slow-cooker-recipes...

mmmmm... Comfort food!

So tasty! This will definitely be going into rotation. 

Yum!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service