The Chainlink

sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me...like when I'm wringing out my soaking wet shorts, t-shirt, socks and boxer shorts in a sink at work with a massive grin on my face after an amazing ride in this morning - it was like being in a Motorhead video! - and the rain coming off the overpass onto the path when it crosses over the river was like riding through a waterfall - good times!

Views: 3673

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

like!

And it is so peaceful because so few people run/walk/ride in the rain!

I love riding in the rain too.  I wore a poncho today, I will never bike in the rain w/o one again!

I agree- riding in the rain is just wonderful, especially when it is still warm outside. I don't bother with rain gear on days like this, I just wear something that will dry quickly and bring spare clothes to change into when I get to work.

So do I! I love riding slowly along North Branch Trail under the rain when it's not cold. The only inconvenience is having to clean my bike afterwards.

Riding in warm rain is one of my favorites!  But... it seems like cars are more likely to take over the bike lane as a bonus lane when it rains.

No such thing here. Apparently there are a lot of avid cyclists in my and surrounding buildings

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Don't forget all that empty space in the bike room! :)

Definitely a bonus!

Lisa Curcio said:

And it is so peaceful because so few people run/walk/ride in the rain!

Best: warm summer rain. Worst: rain at 33 degrees.

I took my other trike to work today:

rain is good, lightning is bad. 

it depends what you have to do. I had to be at a suit and tie job and riding in the rain was not in the cards. Even with good rain gear it can get to be a wet mess.  While heading to the train I saw a couple riding bikes in the rain and thought to myself I would rather be out there with them.  On a warm day where the rain is not so intense as to be dangerous and where it doesn't matter what you look like when you get there...yup, its cool to ride in the rain. 

As I was riding this morning I was thinking that I am glad that I have the facilities to keep clothes at work, and to change when I get there.  It is great to ride, but business clothes in the rain--nope!

Lightning bad--yep!  Waited until the lightning and thunder rolled through before starting out. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service