The Chainlink

Hey Folks..I know NATO is kind of pre-empting all events later this week...but please make a special effort to participate this year. I have ridden this annually since 2008 and it is always a very moving (no pun intended) experience.

Help spread the work about cycling awareness and safety. print some flyers and hand them out to cyclists and non-cyclists alike. They are cool and a great conversation starter. Folks at my office are getting them today ;-)flyer for 2012 RoS - can be made into a spoke card

thanks

Dan

Views: 1087

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going and this will be my first ride.  

I wish the ROS would be linked to or something on the CCM site at least.  This would be a really powerful ride I think with the amount of people that CCM routinely gets.  

Great idea!

Zoetrope said:

I'm going and this will be my first ride.  

I wish the ROS would be linked to or something on the CCM site at least.  This would be a really powerful ride I think with the amount of people that CCM routinely gets.  

will someone bring candles/lighter so we can set a candle at each ghost bike? 

I plan to be join the ride this Wednesday.  I saw your table at REI Lincoln Park on Saturday so I bought a shirt.  The jersey was really nice but it was too late to buy one to wear for this year's ride.

I will bring LED tea lights that look like candles for the ride.

I am from Muskegon, Michigan, and this is our first year of having a Ride of Silence. And, yes I am going.

I'd like to make it. Is their suggested clothing to wear? I remember talks of black arm bands and maybe wearing all white or black to show solidarity. I couldn't find info on the site.

Here.

here

www.rideofsilence.org/chicago

Black armbands... wear one if you have one.

Bring extra red and/or black fabric for armbands for others!

Davo said:

I'd like to make it. Is their suggested clothing to wear? I remember talks of black arm bands and maybe wearing all white or black to show solidarity. I couldn't find info on the site.

I will miss this year because I am currently in Poland.

Would anyone like to ride down to the start with Peggy and I ? We

will be leaving west humboldt park (Kedzie and Chicago Ave) around 5:00 pm

we will have a trailer available in case anyone wants to stow some gear (candles, flyers, kleenex,  hint hint)

thanks

Dan

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service