The Chainlink

I am very interested in learning about the Chicago Perimeter Century. Who, what, where, and when? Sounds like an interesting bicycle adventure.

Views: 2069

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been wanting to do this ride since I first heard about it last year. I'm definitely going to give it a shot this year! The longest I have ever ridden was ~25 miles, so I'm a bit nervous about riding 100, but all the stops make it seem doable.

Last year, the ride no longer started and ended in Wicker Park. Instead it ended in Grant Park, cutting off a few miles. Also it was cut short somewhat on the west side and north side due to time.

Ricardo Cervantes said:

Was last year a new route? I remember it coming pretty close to 100 miles in the past. I also agree with the late August timeline. Drinking beer by the lake at night in cooler weather may not be too much fun. :)

Anyone hear any buzz on this ride?

I think someone still needs to step forward to organize this.

How 'bout September 14th?

That four star ride looks interesting.  The 62 mile run looks like it goes through places I know well enough.

2 years ago we took it south. Last year we went west. This year it's going north - with the bonus of food, beyond the usual rest stop snacks. Check it out!

Tricolor said:

That four star ride looks interesting.  The 62 mile run looks like it goes through places I know well enough.

I signed up in order to get the map sooner than the day of the event.  Baked samosas look good.  I've been missing them since Chutney Joes closed downtown.

I find the only search box that works is the one on the left sidebar on the homepage.

Kevin C said:

The chainlink/Ning search function has gone from bad to non-existent in the last few days. Observe:

We couldn't find anything that matches "bicycle". Why not search for something else?

We couldn't find anything that matches "bike". Why not search for something else?

Evan said:

We couldn't find anything that matches "perimeter ride". Why not search for something else?

Kevin C said:

If you use the search term "perimeter ride" in the upper right hand corner of this page, you'll get 26 pages of photos and threads about the ride.

The day was fantastic! But yeah, it got pretty chilly after the sun went down and we weren't prepared clothing wise. If it is in late Sept. again this year, I'm bringing a hoodie. 

David mentioned that it was about time to start organizing the ride again this year. Any suggestions for attractions/places ya'll would like to ride by to help start the route? Personally, I hope Argus Brewery makes the list again, that place rocked.

Duppie 13.5185km said:

The day was lovely indeed. But remember that part of it (from 19:00 to 02:00 or so) is ridden in the dark. It was too cold to enjoy a social group ride. earlier in September is better, and late August is best...

Sarah D. 1-3.3 said:

All I'll toss in is please don't do it on Saturday the 7th. Hideout Block Party... 

And, the weather at the end of Sept. last year was lovely and perfect for the ride...

You are correct Andrew, and the search box you reference was added shortly after my May 6th comment which you have excerpted here.

Andrew Willoughby said:

I find the only search box that works is the one on the left sidebar on the homepage.

Kevin C said:

The chainlink/Ning search function has gone from bad to non-existent in the last few days. Observe:

We couldn't find anything that matches "bicycle". Why not search for something else?

We couldn't find anything that matches "bike". Why not search for something else?

Evan said:

We couldn't find anything that matches "perimeter ride". Why not search for something else?

Kevin C said:

If you use the search term "perimeter ride" in the upper right hand corner of this page, you'll get 26 pages of photos and threads about the ride.

After careful consideration of all of the input regarding scheduling, much of it has been selectively disregarded or twisted to suit our own purposes. The Perimeter Ride XII (Roman numerals impart an air of significance) is now scheduled for September 28, 2013. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service