The Chainlink

Hey, who's on Twitter?

@nh_lfod
(new hampshire, live free or die!)

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am - @smashd. (Many people call me "Smash" and I added the "d" online since my nickname is a pretty common Internet handle.)

Side note - I was just looking at the Google Adwords on this page and laughing - they're all ads for chain link fences and fence slats. I guess keyword-based advertising isn't 100% there yet. :)
@bxrgrl.

I would join. That would actually be useful. My current use of Twitter is merely for entertainment.

Charles said:
@berg19. It's my last name + my day of birth. Not too original, I know, but hey, ease up!

Smash, Juanito -- I was thinking that a group should be created to collect twitter names and encourage bicyclists to be on Twitter. If a large mass can be following each other then the tweets will become useful - sort of like a 311 for bicyclists. Examples would be the following:

"Wells street bridge out for 5 hours. Better re-route"
"Got a flat on Lincoln/Fullerton. Where's the nearest bike shop?"
"Want to have a beer at Hopleaf at 6 and talk deraileurs. Any takers?"
"Remember: North side Crit Mass at 6 at LP Zoo tonight!"

Think if I started a group in the name of Twitter community organizing it would gain any traction?

- Charles
@Abby_the_IA

:)
@ljbike

new to twitter, so don't expect anything enlightening
Username: Snowgoggles ----- lemme know when the tweets roll out for biker updates - also works during Crit mass for those lookin to find the mass after is starts. ;-)
@koalaW. Also new to twitter.

One more thing . . . I noticed that @chainlink_chi is in use. Is that anyone on this board?
I would join as well, that would be helpful.

Charles said:
@berg19. It's my last name + my day of birth. Not too original, I know, but hey, ease up!

Smash, Juanito -- I was thinking that a group should be created to collect twitter names and encourage bicyclists to be on Twitter. If a large mass can be following each other then the tweets will become useful - sort of like a 311 for bicyclists. Examples would be the following:

"Wells street bridge out for 5 hours. Better re-route"
"Got a flat on Lincoln/Fullerton. Where's the nearest bike shop?"
"Want to have a beer at Hopleaf at 6 and talk deraileurs. Any takers?"
"Remember: North side Crit Mass at 6 at LP Zoo tonight!"

Think if I started a group in the name of Twitter community organizing it would gain any traction?

- Charles
Hi, I am on Twitter too!!.....gwm54. Love monitoring the Chainlink site. I ride on the southside, all the time, come and join me and my fellow riders some time.
@joemsak and @bikechicago (for calling and organizing rides hopefully)
If you guys could post a link to your profile, that would be nice. I've only taken the time to follow people whose name I can click on...sorry I'm lazy like that!

Use the little button that looks like a "chainlink" and insert the hyperlink to your profile - it's quite easy!
Thanks!
@lindsaybanks

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service