The Chainlink

I'll be out there and wondering who else will be doing the full 100 miles?

I have a few folks I know from other groups that we will be riding together with, and we are looking to keep a decent moving pace (18+) and short-ish stops.  The idea is to finish the entire thing in under 6 1/2 hours.

I saw a few others mention they are riding it but there wasn't a single thread when I searched.  PM me or reply here and I'd be glad to give my contact info out for those that are looking for some company to ride with.  And a good workout!

Views: 1956

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great, as soon as I get it I'll post it to this thread.

Chitown_Mike said:

It should, I don't think they make it private.  Otherwise if you upload it into Google Maps (for instance) then you can link it to whomever you'd like and they can download it themselves.

Jose A. Terrazas said:

Also doing the 100 and will probably get going about 6 or 6:30 depending on a friend who is waiting to register on the day of depending on the weather. I'll also have a CL jersey. If I post the link here when the files come via my email, the link should work for who ever needs it, right?

David, I found that too but the 2013 was slightly different from the 2012.  Nothing that would get you lost, and I believe the stops were in the same place, but I don't want to chance it since they will finalize the route this week to get riders around construction.

David Barish said:

I looked on the website at www.evanstonbikeclub.org and there is a tab for NSC where I found a link to this-

https://sites.google.com/site/krugersite3/assignments/2013nscinform...

The 2013 routes should be pretty similar to the 2014 routes.

J.A.W. said:

Yeah, it'd be nice if they'd email the route so I can make a KML for my GPS.

Although I did find this on that persons storage site:

https://sites.google.com/site/krugersite3/assignments/northshorecen...

Looks like, well according to the wording and title, they are using the 2011 route.  The files are all the updated year.

I don't think the files have been officially released, yet.   But I found the following Google site that has updates (.gpx, .pdf, .kmz) as of yesterday for the NSC 2014 rides.   Look in the fifth section down.

https://sites.google.com/site/krugersite3/assignments/

I had part of the afternoon off from work, and I rode most of the 62 mile route.  The streets are now well-marked for the 2014 routes by the Evanston Bicycle Club ("NSC" in orange paint). And unless the storm front that is forecast to move through our area on Saturday gets stalled, the weather forecast for Sunday looks good.

Chitown_Mike said:

Oh and does anyone have the GPX or KML file for download?  I paid via check so they don't email that since I didn't pay online, from what they told me anyway.

In any case, I got it loaded to CycleMeter so I can figure out where to go in case I get lost.

Although, it looks like my start time has fallen off and will be starting at 8:30 now to accommodate riding together with my g/f to the start line.

Bob T said:

I don't think the files have been officially released, yet.   But I found the following Google site that has updates (.gpx, .pdf, .kmz) as of yesterday for the NSC 2014 rides.   Look in the fifth section down.

https://sites.google.com/site/krugersite3/assignments/

I had part of the afternoon off from work, and I rode most of the 62 mile route.  The streets are now well-marked for the 2014 routes by the Evanston Bicycle Club ("NSC" in orange paint). And unless the storm front that is forecast to move through our area on Saturday gets stalled, the weather forecast for Sunday looks good.

Chitown_Mike said:

Oh and does anyone have the GPX or KML file for download?  I paid via check so they don't email that since I didn't pay online, from what they told me anyway.

FYI ---- Here is a NOTE from the email on Start Location:

Due to unfinished construction this year’s North Shore Century will

start in a slightly different location than the usual one (the one
mentioned in all of our publicity). This year’s ride will start at
the beach house which is to the north of our usual location. If you
get to the intersection of Sheridan Road and Clark Street and look
east, it would be hard to miss the beach house.

We look forward to seeing you Sunday, September 21 at Dawes Park,
Evanston. 

What apps are people using for Android to load the GPS into in order to follow along?

I'll be there and I'm down to ride as a group. I'll also be doing the Perimeter ride the day before so it will be nice to ride a bit faster. I'll be wearing a Bears colored jersey.

Is there a particular place people are meeting or time? I can easily do 6:00 AM as well.

Joe, seems to be 6 am.  Sounds like there might be 2 groups based on speed but we can all meet together at least!

Joe Yeoman said:

I'll be there and I'm down to ride as a group. I'll also be doing the Perimeter ride the day before so it will be nice to ride a bit faster. I'll be wearing a Bears colored jersey.

Is there a particular place people are meeting or time? I can easily do 6:00 AM as well.

I'm late to join in here, but I'll be riding the full century and would love to join as well! I'll probably be in a white/black jersey, riding my gray/blue Cannondale synapse. I'll be there before 6:00 to hopefully join with either of the 2 groups!

@Chitown_Mike - what pace are you guys aiming to ride? Last year I plodded along with one other guy around 14mph avg, but I'd like to pick up the pace this year.

@Deet, I'll be riding up from Logan Square around the same time - probably leaving a bit before 5ish. Let me know if you'd like some company on the ride up!

I am looking to keep as close to an 18 mph moving pace, so there will be slower times but also times that we will go faster.  It is just a goal I have in mind and figured with some more people, and people taking turns pulling on the front, even someone not too accustomed to that pace could keep up in a draft.

Julia 3.5/7.5 mi said:

I'm late to join in here, but I'll be riding the full century and would love to join as well! I'll probably be in a white/black jersey, riding my gray/blue Cannondale synapse. I'll be there before 6:00 to hopefully join with either of the 2 groups!

@Chitown_Mike - what pace are you guys aiming to ride? Last year I plodded along with one other guy around 14mph avg, but I'd like to pick up the pace this year.

@Deet, I'll be riding up from Logan Square around the same time - probably leaving a bit before 5ish. Let me know if you'd like some company on the ride up!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service