The Chainlink

Hi everyone!

I'm a month into biking and am really excited for Critical Mass this Friday.

Never done it before and don't know anyone else who's going.

Anyone else out there new to this and want to meet up before it starts?

Views: 1225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going for the 2nd time with some friends also from the north /uptown. I would love to tag along.

Sweet!

I go every month.  I roll from Logan Square (behind the Kedzie & Milwaukee blue line station) and would be happy to pull a few n00bs or anyone else down to Daley.

Aw crap! looks like the first big ride of the year, and it will predictably end up going north again...

The January ride was pretty big for a winter ride. Bigger than December or November I thought. February was pretty lame. I think there were more cops than actual humans riding at the beginning. At least most of them left pretty early on in the ride.

I don't live in Chicago, but love it and will be in town on Friday with my daughter (11) and husband. I always try to schedule my Chicago trips around Critical Mass, because Critical Mass Chicago is amazing!!!  Only problem is we are unable to bring our bikes.  SO does anyone have any suggestions about an affordable place to borrow/rent 3 bikes for Critical Mass this Friday?

Bahahahaha love it

James BlackHeron said:

I think there were more cops than actual humans riding at the beginning.

I'd recommend one of the Bike and Roll locations, but I think all of them will be closed by 7 or 8pm so you wouldn't be able to ride most of the CM ride.  Hmmm.

Gina Overshiner said:

I don't live in Chicago, but love it and will be in town on Friday with my daughter (11) and husband. I always try to schedule my Chicago trips around Critical Mass, because Critical Mass Chicago is amazing!!!  Only problem is we are unable to bring our bikes.  SO does anyone have any suggestions about an affordable place to borrow/rent 3 bikes for Critical Mass this Friday?

I have two extra bikes for adults. If you need them let me know.

Gina Overshiner said:

There is a B-Cycle station at Congress & Columbus -but they only have 7 bikes at this station (might be all gone but it's still pretty early in the year for that) and I'm not sure if such a bike would be suitable for your 11-YO. 

There are numerous L and Metra stations within a few blocks of this location.  The Daley Center(the start of CCM) is only a short ride from there too.

Cool!

Be sure to check out the First Friday Ride and Chicago Critical Mass North as well! Here are a couple of great groups of human beings on bicycles!

Being proto-noob! I've only been "massing" since September....  I am sold on CCM. My goal is to attend every one. I like to get to the Picasso early, like around 5?... That is the best time to fire up engagement of maximal social networking strategies with the goal of making liaisons with community members for maximizing effective empowerment opportunities.

Happy Friday! Yay!!!! One more bike!!!

It's a LONG wait at the Picasso in the winter if you get there at 5.  Nothing like sweating a little bit riding down there and sitting for an hour and half in your cold sweat and then moving on again when CCM finally gets moving.   That 5:30 start time on the website is about 45 generous.  I've never seen it start before 6 and usually closer to 6:15 or 6:30.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service