The Chainlink

Get out your lederhosen!!!

We will be going to the New Glarus Oktoberfest, in beautiful, scenic...um...New Glarus, Wisconsin.

Oktoberfest in New Glarus is the last weekend of September.  We will leaving the morning of Saturday, September 25 and returning Sunday eve, September 26th.

How will we be getting there, you ask?  We have arranged for a bus to take us there and back.  Reggies Rock Club will be providing the wheels for this trip!

Where will we be staying, you ask?  Well, the State Park just outside of the downtown New Glarus is booked up. So, we hunted around and found a Farm that will graciously accommodate us on their grounds (and its right next to the state park).  We have an option of a wooded area or the pasture.  The farm is down a 1/4 mile gravel road and a total distance of 3.2 miles from downtown where Oktoberfest is being held. 

We will also be right next to the New Glarus Brewery for those who may want to visit that as well.

So the plan is as such:  Meet up early, around 8 am.  Load up camping gear and bikes on to the bus.  Get to the farm, set up camp, get stuff ready for bonfire.  Ride down to New Glarus Oktoberfest. Have the time of our lives.  Ride back to camp.  Have that bonfire!!  Sleep if you want to.  Pack up camp around noon. Or 1pm. Or 2. Be home Sunday evening.

Total cost of bus is $650.  Split that  20 ways = $32.50ea, Split that 30 ways = $21.67ea.  The camping itself is on a donation situation - we would like to give the guy $100 - $200...again, split that 20 or 30 ways = less that $5 per person.

We will set up the event to RSVP, but more importantly, we will need a deposit to guarantee the seat on the bus, and so we can make a payment on the bus as well.  We ask for $40.  This will cover EVERYTHING other than your booze and eats.  Any extra money will be either be given back, offered as tip to busdriver, or for the farm. Maybe some firewood, too.  A paypal account is set up, or you can give me or Laura cash.  Receipts will be given.

This bus will be closed out at 40ppl, so please get your RSVP's and funds in ASAP.

Paypal: type in pitchingatent1@yahoo.com for the account. 

RSVP http://www.thechainlink.org/events/event/show?id=2211490%3AEvent%3A... MUST RSVP BY SEPT 11

All are welcome

PROST!

Views: 2574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just paypal'd my $$$

thanks iggi and laura for all the planning ... this is gonna be a total hoot ;-)

Shawn C. said:
iggi said:
the pick up spot will likely be reggies, on the south side, as thats where the bus lives. was also considering a stop at my place - grand and ogden. a north spot might be a good idea too. people are always welcome to drop shit off at my place the night before, too, if they wanted, or even camp in our yard.

Iggi, If we camp in your yard, will you provide tiki torches?
tiki torches and a firepit!

Shawn C. said:
iggi said:
the pick up spot will likely be reggies, on the south side, as thats where the bus lives. was also considering a stop at my place - grand and ogden. a north spot might be a good idea too. people are always welcome to drop shit off at my place the night before, too, if they wanted, or even camp in our yard.

Iggi, If we camp in your yard, will you provide tiki torches?
Reggies pick up confirmed...830am

Grand and Ogden pick up 900am
a camp shower enclosure or two is probably the better option. With one of these sitting out all day if you want a warm shower. The shower trucks will cost $$$ to rent.

H3N3 said:
OK, thanks for the answers . . . what about a few of those shower trucks they use on the big rides?
We only need one for the boys and one for the gurls.

Next question-- is there a chance the bus can have two pickup locations, say one north and one south?
I s'pose I could bring a trailer, but we're talking tent, sleeping bag, espresso production kit, sound system, portable electric dog polisher and massage table.

iggi said:
we will be in wisconsin...land of cheese and beer. i do expect a respectable amount of flatulation on the return trip. luckily, the bus has like 150 windows.

so camping and general hygiene...yeah...we'll be truely roughing it. i recommend baby wipes for the trip. we will prepare a trench for 'business' as well. i will be bringing my sun shower (not golden shower) portable shower system for those who must get unmusty.

but it is only 1 night, so we shouldnt be too funkdafied.
2109 South State Street

Eddie said:
What's the address of Reggie's?
friendly reminder...less than a week to RSVP
Hey, good news, I thought of more questions!
Would there be room for a 6-foot trailer in the bus?
I suppose that can be accommodated

H3N3 said:
then I guess you can't drink :)
New Glarus is a very family friendly town. I am sure you can still enjoy all the other activities that they offer at Oktoberfest. It is also a beautiful place to ride your bike! So there will be plenty to do

jake said:
wat if some can drink i still got a year ?
howard.. very curious.. what do you want a 6 foot trailer for???

H3N3 said:
did you rsvp yet?
To get my stuff to the pickup location.

shar said:
howard.. very curious.. what do you want a 6 foot trailer for???

H3N3 said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service