The Chainlink

Get out your lederhosen!!!

We will be going to the New Glarus Oktoberfest, in beautiful, scenic...um...New Glarus, Wisconsin.

Oktoberfest in New Glarus is the last weekend of September.  We will leaving the morning of Saturday, September 25 and returning Sunday eve, September 26th.

How will we be getting there, you ask?  We have arranged for a bus to take us there and back.  Reggies Rock Club will be providing the wheels for this trip!

Where will we be staying, you ask?  Well, the State Park just outside of the downtown New Glarus is booked up. So, we hunted around and found a Farm that will graciously accommodate us on their grounds (and its right next to the state park).  We have an option of a wooded area or the pasture.  The farm is down a 1/4 mile gravel road and a total distance of 3.2 miles from downtown where Oktoberfest is being held. 

We will also be right next to the New Glarus Brewery for those who may want to visit that as well.

So the plan is as such:  Meet up early, around 8 am.  Load up camping gear and bikes on to the bus.  Get to the farm, set up camp, get stuff ready for bonfire.  Ride down to New Glarus Oktoberfest. Have the time of our lives.  Ride back to camp.  Have that bonfire!!  Sleep if you want to.  Pack up camp around noon. Or 1pm. Or 2. Be home Sunday evening.

Total cost of bus is $650.  Split that  20 ways = $32.50ea, Split that 30 ways = $21.67ea.  The camping itself is on a donation situation - we would like to give the guy $100 - $200...again, split that 20 or 30 ways = less that $5 per person.

We will set up the event to RSVP, but more importantly, we will need a deposit to guarantee the seat on the bus, and so we can make a payment on the bus as well.  We ask for $40.  This will cover EVERYTHING other than your booze and eats.  Any extra money will be either be given back, offered as tip to busdriver, or for the farm. Maybe some firewood, too.  A paypal account is set up, or you can give me or Laura cash.  Receipts will be given.

This bus will be closed out at 40ppl, so please get your RSVP's and funds in ASAP.

Paypal: type in pitchingatent1@yahoo.com for the account. 

RSVP http://www.thechainlink.org/events/event/show?id=2211490%3AEvent%3A... MUST RSVP BY SEPT 11

All are welcome

PROST!

Views: 2576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not 100% on all showering options, but there is an RV park really close to town, however I am unsure if we can shower there or have to have camped there to shower. We won't be gone for more than a day and a half, so I say, just don't shower. However I will further research this.

We are about 3 miles from where the festival takes place, so you do not NEED a bike. If you would prefer you can walk or I guess hitchhike. The plan is to not use the bus to drive into town, this way the bus driver can party too.

Also there are a couple of trails around and some nice backroads for those who would like to go on a longer bike ride while we are there.

I don't know much about farting, because girls don't fart.

H3N3 said:
Is Munchie a goldfish or a pit bull?

A few questions I had (apologies if it's all there and my reading comprehension is the problem):

-bathroom/shower situation on "the farm?" Truck stop nearby?
-role of bicycles in the weekend/ distance from farm to festival? (i.e. would you be screwed if you just wanted to leave the bike at home?)
-will farting be allowed on the bus, and/or is it outfitted with individual breathing apparati?

Sol said:
I'm in if I can arrange a sitter for munchie, so maybe. Gabe, you need to get over your "campophobia." We will be in tents, not dresses! This is going to be so cool. Wisconsin has two official state drinks, milk is one. I prefer the other.
I don't know much about farting, because girls don't fart.

Came very close to spitting my coffee there . . .

How did we end up with gay men and the topic of women farting in the same thread? Don't be surprised if this locks up the whole NING system.
we will be in wisconsin...land of cheese and beer. i do expect a respectable amount of flatulation on the return trip. luckily, the bus has like 150 windows.

so camping and general hygiene...yeah...we'll be truely roughing it. i recommend baby wipes for the trip. we will prepare a trench for 'business' as well. i will be bringing my sun shower (not golden shower) portable shower system for those who must get unmusty.

but it is only 1 night, so we shouldnt be too funkdafied.
OK, thanks for the answers . . . what about a few of those shower trucks they use on the big rides?
We only need one for the boys and one for the gurls.

Next question-- is there a chance the bus can have two pickup locations, say one north and one south?
I s'pose I could bring a trailer, but we're talking tent, sleeping bag, espresso production kit, sound system, portable electric dog polisher and massage table.

iggi said:
we will be in wisconsin...land of cheese and beer. i do expect a respectable amount of flatulation on the return trip. luckily, the bus has like 150 windows.

so camping and general hygiene...yeah...we'll be truely roughing it. i recommend baby wipes for the trip. we will prepare a trench for 'business' as well. i will be bringing my sun shower (not golden shower) portable shower system for those who must get unmusty.

the pick up spot will likely be reggies, on the south side, as thats where the bus lives. was also considering a stop at my place - grand and ogden. a north spot might be a good idea too. people are always welcome to drop shit off at my place the night before, too, if they wanted, or even camp in our yard.

the only issue i see with multiple pick up spots is that it might be a real bitch to try to repack the bus at each place. and the stop and go of it all.

H3N3 said:
OK, thanks for the answers . . . what about a few of those shower trucks they use on the big rides?

Next question-- is there a chance the bus can have two pickup locations, say one north and one south?
I s'pose I could bring a trailer, but we're talking tent, sleeping bag, espresso production kit, sound system, portable electric dog polisher and massage table.

iggi said:

serge, you can run to and from the beer tent!!

Serge Lubomudrov said:
It is really, really tempting . . . I must train for the marathon, but . . . lemme think about this ;)
just realized...we gonna be right off of rt 69! heh heh...
I'm not afraid of camping, I don't like it. Different. And I'm D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y not afraid of dresses. ;-)

Sol said:
I'm in if I can arrange a sitter for munchie, so maybe. Gabe, you need to get over your "campophobia." We will be in tents, not dresses! This is going to be so cool. Wisconsin has two official state drinks, milk is one. I prefer the other.
Gabe,

Would you like me to make you a tent out of a dress, a pretty dress? Pink? with frills?

Gabe said:
I'm not afraid of camping, I don't like it. Different. And I'm D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y not afraid of dresses. ;-)

Sol said:
I got you covered, now run Serge run!!

Serge Lubomudrov said:
If I do this, I'll definitely need a shower!

iggi said:
serge, you can run to and from the beer tent!!

Serge Lubomudrov said:
It is really, really tempting . . . I must train for the marathon, but . . . lemme think about this ;)
OK, I'm fine with the only pick-up/drop-off spot being Reggie's then :-)

iggi said:
the pick up spot will likely be reggies, on the south side, as thats where the bus lives. was also considering a stop at my place - grand and ogden. a north spot might be a good idea too. people are always welcome to drop shit off at my place the night before, too, if they wanted, or even camp in our yard.

the only issue i see with multiple pick up spots is that it might be a real bitch to try to repack the bus at each place. and the stop and go of it all.

H3N3 said:

iggi said:

iggi said:

Iggi, If we camp in your yard, will you provide tiki torches?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service