The Chainlink

I'd be interested to hear about new stations as they pop up.

I was excited to find a new station only 2 blocks from my house last night (a block closer than the planned location):

Views: 4518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes to Aville :))

Duppie said:

Too late. I called dibs already on the two missing Andersonville stations. You'll have to wait until spring...

h' $550 said:

Would be super sweet if a Western ave station went in to bridge the gap between 21st St and Division before the curtain drops for the year.

Harrison would be the obvious location...

Yeah, the Edgewater/Andersonville/48th Ward area is one of the densest in the city (second after River North, according to some sources) and we have exactly one station north of Foster. Meanwhile less-dense neighborhoods like Lakeview and Wicker Park have dozens of stations.

Fixed that for ya...

Jeff Schneider said:

We also have a very high concentration of people who ride bikes, as evidenced by the several heavily-used bike corrals along Clark between Argyle and OliveHollywood...

Eli said:

Yeah, the Edgewater/Andersonville/48th Ward area is one of the densest in the city (second after River North, according to some sources) and we have exactly one station north of Foster. Meanwhile less-dense neighborhoods like Lakeview and Wicker Park have dozens of stations.

Yay to Chicago & Ashland, in my work parking lot!

Two new stations planned for today: Clark St & Wrightwood Ave and Racine Ave & Wrightwood Ave. Yes!

(from the Divvy Twitter feed)

Halsted & Wrightwood

I didn't know where else to post this adorable Divvy halloween photo.

Seems like a perfect place to post it!  What a brilliant parent to come up with that costume.

yaj 7.4 said:

I didn't know where else to post this adorable Divvy halloween photo.

Anyone notice those new white bumpers they have at the edges of the stations? I saw a pedestrian take a nasty fall on State and Illinois when he tripped on one of those. They really should paint them day-glo yellow or orange. 

Why wasn't he wearing his pedestrian safety helmet?

Rich S said:

Anyone notice those new white bumpers they have at the edges of the stations? I saw a pedestrian take a nasty fall on State and Illinois when he tripped on one of those. They really should paint them day-glo yellow or orange. 

I don't think pedestrians yet know of the benefits of the magic talisman that prevents cyclists from sustaining any injury. He was wearing a life jacket though! 

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Rich S said:

I don't think pedestrians yet know of the benefits of the magic talisman that prevents cyclists from sustaining any injury. He was wearing a life jacket though! 

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service