The Chainlink

I'd be interested to hear about new stations as they pop up.

I was excited to find a new station only 2 blocks from my house last night (a block closer than the planned location):

Views: 4516

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Per the Divvy Twitter feed:

Yesterday we put down our 300th station! All done for 2013 with at least 100 more stations next year.

Yay!  300!!!!

JeffB (7+ miles) said:

Per the Divvy Twitter feed:

Yesterday we put down our 300th station! All done for 2013 with at least 100 more stations next year.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20131106/loop/divvy-rebalancers-move...

"Divvy has installed 300 stations and plans to have 400 by the end of the year."

Huh? That's wrong, right?

Yeah, I think "the end of the year" means the end of 2014, not 2013.  Right now, there isn't a big warehouse to assemble stations from parts, and most of the assembly & deployment crews have been laid off or are doing different things (I'm currently rebalancing stations weekend evenings), though there's still enough folks around to move existing stations and do maintenance.  And I wouldn't be at all surprised if 400 became 475 or so, if rumor is correct.  I'm hearing late February or early March for a restart.

h' $550 said:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20131106/loop/divvy-rebalancers-move...

"Divvy has installed 300 stations and plans to have 400 by the end of the year."

Huh? That's wrong, right?

Divvy has apparently got funding for another 75 stations. A total of 475 are now planned. Let's see if we can connect to Oak Park and Evanston.

http://www.suntimes.com/23572100-761/divvy-expected-to-become-bigge...

John Greenfield is now reporting the possible expansion to 550 stations here.

DivvyFinder.com

Finds you, then shows the stations around and their current capacities.  Also does directions, etc.  Works on any smartphone or PC, free, no installation.  It's a WebApp, so you can bookmark it onto your homescreen for one touch access.  Technically it's massup's Divvy finder function aliased for simplicity and memorability.  You're welcome.

DivvyFinder.com

I was just thinking about this-- I don't know if you saw this story but Apple made someone who created a similar resource to track iPhone availability in stores take their site down.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57611069-37/two-tracker-services-...

There is some pretty specific wording in the Divvy site's TOS relative to using automated scripts to scrape their info-- guessing you've read it through?

Andrew Bedno said:

DivvyFinder.com

Finds you, then shows the stations around and their current capacities.  Also does directions, etc.  Works on any smartphone or PC, free, no installation.  It's a WebApp, so you can bookmark it onto your homescreen for one touch access.  Technically it's massup's Divvy finder function aliased for simplicity and memorability.  You're welcome.

DivvyFinder.com

Unlike Apple, Divvy (and the CTA as well) encourage developers to build solutions on top of their APIs. There are literally dozens out there.

On my Android phone, I use CycleFinder as the Divvy app, and an app called Chicago Transit as the CTA bus and train tracker app.

h' $550 said:

I was just thinking about this-- I don't know if you saw this story but Apple made someone who created a similar resource to track iPhone availability in stores take their site down.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57611069-37/two-tracker-services-...

There is some pretty specific wording in the Divvy site's TOS relative to using automated scripts to scrape their info-- guessing you've read it through?

Andrew Bedno said:

DivvyFinder.com

DivvyFinder.com

Exactly.  Chicago's big into civic data.  Divvy wants developers to use the locations and status.  Dozens may be an overstatement, but at least 9 so far.  MassUp.us was among the first, live at massup.us/divvy since days before they launched in June.  It may still be the only webapp.  Using the CTA's data massup's also provided train arrival times all year.  I'm proud to appear on the resources page of both Divvy and CTA websites.

MassUp.us automatically adds/removes/adjusts stations when Divvy does, but sorry there's no human usable differential reporting.  I thought there was an official Twitter feed specifically just for Divvy new stations, but couldn't find it just now, probably just mixed in their main feed.

I bought my membership exact when they reached Uptown, and have faith in eventual expansion all the way through Evanston.

DivvyFinder.com

OK, thanks. This is the one that concerned me:

You must not use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website or its servers.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service