The Chainlink

Need help getting more bike racks installed at the O'hare Blue Line

I have talked to the CTA about adding more bike racks at this stop since they only have one U shape rack. They told me they can't do anything unless other people voice concern about inadequate racks. At times the rack is full and I have to travel back to the previous stop at Rosemont. I am seeking help from my chainlink family even though this doesn't concern almost anyone here. Can you email the CTA at feedback@transitchicago.com with concerns about the lack of racks. I would like to thank everyone for any help with this.

Views: 659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Email sent- Hope it helps :)
Ok I am confused. Do you Ride to Ohare lock up your bike and take the blue line into the city? Or are you coming from the city with your bike on the El and want to lock it at Ohare? If you don't start your journey at Ohare why don't you lock your bike at the stop you get on at?

email sent.

thanks JS for taking up this cause

Can you actually ride a bike around O'Hare?  I thought the station was in the terminal and the airport is accessed via a limited access highway.  I think I read biking directions to O'Hare once and it told you to take the Blue Line to get into the actual airport.
Email sent. Are we sure this is a CTA issue and not a CDOT issue?

I've ridden out of O'Hare. It was madness. We were coming back from a long tour and the CTA wouldn't let us bring our bikes on the train due to it being July 4th.

So, It can be done, but it's not fun.

Jared said:

Can you actually ride a bike around O'Hare?  I thought the station was in the terminal and the airport is accessed via a limited access highway.  I think I read biking directions to O'Hare once and it told you to take the Blue Line to get into the actual airport.

Did you have to ride on the side of I-190 or is there another way?

Kelvin Mulcky said:

I've ridden out of O'Hare. It was madness. We were coming back from a long tour and the CTA wouldn't let us bring our bikes on the train due to it being July 4th.

Jared said:

There was a way out other than the highway. I can't recall the name of the street...

Correct! :)

I have gone to O'Hare on foot using the Terminal 5 approach. It was not "easy" but it can be done.

Ditto.

Kevin Conway said:
Email sent. Are we sure this is a CTA issue and not a CDOT issue?
One could take Mannheim Rd to Bessie Coleman Dr then take the ATS train from the Kiss 'N Fly/Remote Parking to terminals and CTA. I've walked my unfolded folding bike on the airport train and down to the CTA station without hassle. 

Cameron Puetz said:

Looks like there is a way out from Terminal 5

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=chicago&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&...

Jared said:

Did you have to ride on the side of I-190 or is there another way?

Kelvin Mulcky said:

Jared said:

Guys, he's not riding from the airport.  Jason is probably taking his bike on the blue line and getting off at the last stop, to go to work at O'hare airport, I'm assuming.  He would like to be able to lock his bike up at there.  Hoping it will be safer then leaving it outside at some other stop along the way.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service