The Chainlink

Good idea to use Metra tomorrow with a bike?  Says warning date, but no an all out blackout. Don't want to get stranded in the suburbs...

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If no one has answered you, DO NOT DO THIS.

They might have a bike blackout for the weekend, let me check...

They don't have a specific ban, but they are offering unlimited rides and note Lollapalooza as an event that may not accommodate bikes.

Jared, I'll try to answer your question. Yes, I agree with Caiken, probably not a good idea especially when the festival is starting or ending. The trains are experiencing heavy loading problems and you might be turned away.

https://mobile.twitter.com/metraupnw?lang=en

From Metrarail.com.,
Metra’s “Bikes on Trains” policy states:

Small folding bicycles in protective covers are permitted on all trains.
Standard bicycles are accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis on weekday off-peak hours and on weekends.
There is no guarantee that there will be space available on an initial or return trip (this includes late night trains). 
Metra reserves the right to ban bikes on trains during special events.
Train crews have the final authority on accommodating bicycles. Crews may prohibit a cyclist from boarding or require a cyclist to detrain due to overcrowding or if priority seating is needed for customers with disabilities.

Five bicycles are allowed in the priority seating areas on each accessible car (two on the Metra Electric Line). Cyclists are required to tightly secure their bike to the lower railing of the folding seat with a bungee cord or other device. Cyclists should visit metrarail.com to review the complete bicycle policy.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service