The Chainlink

Does anyone here (ATA?) work with Metra or have access to information in their pipeline?

As I loaded my bike on to the train this morning, my conductor said that in the summer, Metra may be floating the idea of charging riders using a bicycle a 'bicycle fee' that would  be in addition to the regular fare. He says that since a bicycle and its user effectively take up 3-4 spaces, Metra is looking to recoup the costs. 

Is there any truth in this? I'd hate for it to happen, as I use a combo of bike/train to get to work in Glenview. I could do the 15 miles one way in the summer, but would be less likely to do it when it's super cold.

Views: 991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be grateful if any of you who take bikes on Metra for reverse commute or off-peak trips could take a few minutes to complete this survey.  I'm doing research for a blog piece about bike access on Metra, and your information would be extremely helpful.  Thank you!

Hey all, we checked with our Metra contacts in governmental affairs and communication and they hadn't heard of this. They are asking around and will let us know if that's different.

Thanks much,

Ethan Spotts, Active Trans

Hi Ethan,

I sincerely appreciate your looking in to this. Who knows, maybe I had a mean spirited conductor that wanted to yank my chain.

You are welcome, Active Trans does care and this would be a big deal. Thank you for asking, we need those questions from the community.

Thanks,

Ethan, Active Trans

Thank you!

Active Transportation Alliance said:

You are welcome, Active Trans does care and this would be a big deal. Thank you for asking, we need those questions from the community.

Thanks,

Ethan, Active Trans

We heart you, Ethan!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service