The Chainlink

The Tribune is reporting that Metra will be banning bikes on Friday due to the Blackhawks parade.

Views: 3257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fuck Metra.

Ahem!!! Can I get a moderator over here? Anyone?

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Fuck Metra.

Divvy Bikes may be disabling their bikes as well. At least near the parade route.

can i borrow a skateboard from anyone??

im serious tho...

igz said:

can i borrow a skateboard from anyone??

When I called Metra and asked about the reverse commuter people and that common sense would tell you that going out to the burbs at 7 am wouldn't cause an issue (or coming back into the city after 6 pm).  She just laughed and said she can't give her own opinion. 

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

I work six floors above the RTA offices. Want me to go downstairs and yell at them?

Bitter?

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Fuck the parade. I hope it rains hard.

Bread and circuses.  

Try not to be too positive about the state of affairs though.

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Bitter about what?

No, seriously . . . What has changed in your life? Our beloved mayor decided not to close schools? To spend more money on education, public trasport, etc., then on prisons? All the potholes in Chicago suddenly paved themselves over? Obama banned that pipeline? At least one banker was put on trial? Guantanamo is closed? WHAT?!!

If only half of the energy spent on stupid shit like that were put on something useful . . .

Panem et circenses indeed.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/998260_53713...

Well, if the "conductors" have any common sense...

It's like telling a three years old that a kettle with boiling water is safe if you hold it by the handle. It's easier to just tell them "Don't touch it!"

DLS said:

When I called Metra and asked about the reverse commuter people and that common sense would tell you that going out to the burbs at 7 am wouldn't cause an issue (or coming back into the city after 6 pm).  She just laughed and said she can't give her own opinion. 

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

Oh, lighten up. The government is allowed to host fun events once in a while.

Serge Lubomudrov said:

Bitter about what?

No, seriously . . . What has changed in your life? Our beloved mayor decided not to close schools? To spend more money on education, public trasport, etc., then on prisons? All the potholes in Chicago suddenly paved themselves over? Obama banned that pipeline? At least one banker was put on trial? Guantanamo is closed? WHAT?!!

If only half of the energy spent on stupid shit like that were put on something useful . . .

Panem et circenses indeed.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/998260_53713...

a logical convo would be appreciated.

so..about that skateboard...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service