The Chainlink

Looking for tandem with short stoker position--on a budget! Need it yesterday!

Hi All:

Can anyone recommend a tandem for a a mom and adorable 5 year old girl?  We have a wee-hoo trailer that is too hard for mom to pull, and dad has a heel spur currently:(.  Looking for a good value also.  Our little one is about 42 inches tall.    Mom wants to get her out on the trail, and be able to let dad sit home and prop up his foot/watch football.  Any ideas??  nothing is a bad idea.

Views: 780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I commute to work each day with my first grader on a Burley piccolo trail a bike. I would say the piccolo feels as rock solid as a tandem (i have a cannondale rt1000). The piccolo is in a whole different class than adams and other trailer bikes, in that it has a special rack that it mounts to instead of the seat post...the connection is WAY more stable. It also has 6 speeds and a little shifter. He can really chip in! I pull it to work after dipping him and it's not heavy - made of true temper cromoly with nice parts. Sorry to evangelize, but I love this little thing and it's only a couple hundred dollars.

Not yet, but keep us updated once you get it.

Suzi said:

Julie, do you want the one I posted?  If so, they don't have a lot left and I am have only been able to find one resource for it!!!!  I think I have to buy now, not that I want to, but it may not be around much longer.  Just so you know in case you want it now.  I plan to keep it forever:)

where did you get it? And do you have a picture to share?

Ross said:

I commute to work each day with my first grader on a Burley piccolo trail a bike. I would say the piccolo feels as rock solid as a tandem (i have a cannondale rt1000). The piccolo is in a whole different class than adams and other trailer bikes, in that it has a special rack that it mounts to instead of the seat post...the connection is WAY more stable. It also has 6 speeds and a little shifter. He can really chip in! I pull it to work after dipping him and it's not heavy - made of true temper cromoly with nice parts. Sorry to evangelize, but I love this little thing and it's only a couple hundred dollars.

I have this Large/small tandem and would be willing to sell. It's currently set a bit different than pictured. Now it has a XT/Dyad wheelset, fenders, a VO front rack and 2 Brooks saddles. PM me for details and price.

That's pretty! Too big for me and I'm not yet in the market. Will be a many years for me but I always like to keep my eye out.

Kelvin Mulcky said:

I have this Large/small tandem and would be willing to sell. It's currently set a bit different than pictured. Now it has a XT/Dyad wheelset, fenders, a VO front rack and 2 Brooks saddles. PM me for details and price.

Thanks so much everyone.  I'll let you all know how the folding bike works out.  we won't be using it for awhile, but I'll post pics when we do.  Thank you all again for your wonderful resources.  I will pass the info on to others. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service