The Chainlink

Views: 2780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And the USADA response was swift.

Feh

I was thinking, Meh, but you might be right.

hmmm...weary of fighting charges. If 7 tour titles were on the line, I think I'd perk up a bit.

Hincapie would have spilled the beans and would have been in agony over it too.  That would have been a real horrorshow.  Lance chose the firing squad instead of the torture chamber.

At least he gets to keep most of the money. And of course there's the whole Sheryl Crow thing. On balance, I think he's made off nicely.

So rather than admitting guilt, he's admitting guilt.

Joe TV said:

Hincapie would have spilled the beans and would have been in agony over it too.  That would have been a real horrorshow.  Lance chose the firing squad instead of the torture chamber.

Lance saw how ugly things were about to become, for him and everyone around him.  And he chose the least ugly option.  When the least ugly option means losing 7 tour titles, you can bet that other options would have been horrific.

spencewine said:

So rather than admitting guilt, he's admitting guilt.

Joe TV said:

I think there could be a decline in sales for bright yellow wristbands in the foreseeable future. I painted my red to more accurately reflect the color of Dante's Inferno, where Lance's soul will surely rest.

Kevin C said:

At least he gets to keep most of the money. And of course there's the whole Sheryl Crow thing. On balance, I think he's made off nicely.

Counterpoint:  LA broke the rules in the company of rule breakers and won over and over.  He inspired millions around the world, and contributed a ton of money towards cancer research.  

He might be an arrogant jerk, but I'd guess his presence on this earth has had a net positive (no pun intended) effect.

spencewine said:

I think there could be a decline in sales for bright yellow wristbands in the foreseeable future. I painted my red to more accurately reflect the color of Dante's Inferno, where Lance's soul will surely rest.

Kevin C said:

Looking at all this history, now essentially wiped off the slate.  Sadness.  This is your career on drugs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/la-sp-lance-armstrong-pictures...

I'm not entirely sure that it's cancer research that Livestrong supports.

Equally interesting is what the foundation doesn’t do. Most people—including nearly everybody I surveyed while reporting this story—assume that Livestrong funnels large amounts of money into cancer research. Nope. The foundation gave out a total of $20 million in research grants between 1998 and 2005, the year it began phasing out its support of hard science. A note on the foundation’s website informs visitors that, as of 2010, it no longer even accepts research proposals.

I'm not saying the foundation doesn't have a positive impact. It's gotta be rough dealing with cancer so I'm glad they support patients and survivors. However it seems to be a bit of a myth that Livestrong supports cancer reserach.

Overall it seems that only a few of the people who won the Tour de France in recent years have actually won.

Joe TV said:

Counterpoint:  LA broke the rules in the company of rule breakers and won over and over.  He inspired millions around the world, and contributed a ton of money towards cancer research.  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service