The Chainlink

Kickstarter project - Torch bike helmet for $50 anyone want one?

This lighted helmet is on Kickstarter right now. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1652790707/torch-bicycle-helmet... I was going to pledge $500 dollars and I would get 10 helmets. Would anybody be interested in a helmet. Read about it and let me know if you are interested. Thanks

Views: 2836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not surprising but I'm sure retailers will not be happy that the helmets aren't ready for winter use. I definitely intended for it to be my winter helmet specifically. At least there are many more winters of riding to come. 

Thanks for the update Ace.

I would LOVE one !!! I believe that I would need a Large.

What kind of batteries does it take ?

How do i contact you for this?

What ever happened with this project?

RIGHT!?!?
I'm still waiting on mine

Last word on this was back in Nov 2012...by Ace Mann.

Did they just up and leave or what?

They have a facebook page and a website.  They admit to some "problems" but claim that they are just about ready.   They said on facebook that they could have shipped helmets to the kickstarter folk, but that they would have been junk.   They claim to be shipping the helmet and the backpack "soon"...

The problem is that an honest businessman with legitimate production problems and a con man put out the same spiel.   It is often hard to judge which is which -- and often people get it wrong...

Not only am I interested in what happened to the helmet project itself, but also how Mr. Mann intends to distribute the loot, or if this is still going through, considering the demand has been far greater than the original "supply" of 10, and I also wasn't one of the first ten positive replies.

This project got an update last night.

You can see it here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1652790707/torch-bicycle-helmet...

They have updated that all prototypes are done. Just waiting for go ahead for order.The project has been  delayed several times.  I hope that this is really it. I will contact people about sizes of helmets.I was going to do it as first reponse to post, will get first dibs.A few people have already told me, that they are no longer interested. Just to let everyone know. I took NO money from anyone upfront. Kickstarter projects are almost always late.

Craig S. said:

What ever happened with this project?

Ace Mann thanks for organizing this and keeping people updated.

Thank you or the update, Ace Mann !

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service