The Chainlink

I am riding around kansas city this april 4 to 7. Any suggestions?

Views: 807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kansas city Kansas or Missouri ?

if in MO - Check out Arthur Bryant's BBQ. Totally old school. and even if you are vegetarian the veggie sides are great. tons of food, cheap too.

If this is your thing - check out the Harley Davidson Factory tour. I missed it and still regret it.

Enjoy...post a trib diary when you return !

bbq in in the plan. thanks!

dan brown said:

kansas city Kansas or Missouri ?

if in MO - Check out Arthur Bryant's BBQ. Totally old school. and even if you are vegetarian the veggie sides are great. tons of food, cheap too.

If this is your thing - check out the Harley Davidson Factory tour. I missed it and still regret it.

Enjoy...post a trib diary when you return !

Ribs.

Go clockwise...

I'm from KC and have returned on bike a couple of times. There's not as many bike lanes (or cyclists) as Chicago, but since the traffic is generally lighter it feels safe while riding.

Check out:

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ

The Crossroads

The Kauffman Center

Kemper Art Museum/ and ride through the Nelson Atkins sculpture garden

Ride through the Plaza

The Gary Haller National Recreation Path (17 miles of fun paved trails)

Westport

Oddly Correct Coffee

I would highly recommend an hour or two at the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.  Even if Art or Art museums aren't your thing normally, the museum itself is impressive -something like 8th largest in the world, with many different architectural themes that compliment the different periods and places from which the art came.  It also has an interior cafe that if you had been blindfolded and taken there, you would swear you were transported to Rome.  Like most things of it's ilk, it's not the cheapest lunch in town, but it's arguably the best table. It's been awhile since I've been there, but every time I went, I rode my bike.  I believe the bike racks are right up near the front.

Boulevard brewing, BBQ joints.

That's what I remember from my only (business) trip there. Sorry, no biking experience.

I recommend hitting all of Gates, Bryant's, Oklahoma Joe's. The only Bryant's worth going to is the one on Brooklyn, just off of 18th & Vine. Had a good meal recently at Gram & Dun on the Plaza. On the bicycle front, I don't bicycle when in town. :( Nor do I generally see people on bicycles, unless they're in lycra. I do believe there are some good paths out in the vicinity of Shawnee Mission Park that run along Mill Creek. Most of them have been built since my formative years spent in that vicinity. Kemper & Nelson-Atkins are both great museums. The Zoo is actually quite good. Probably in the top 5 or 10 zoos nationwide. Swope Park itself is a heck of a park. Maybe not entirely safe after dark, but ... maybe that's changed.

I'd definitely recommend the Nelson-Atkins art museum. Westport is a cool area.

Dirke said:

I would highly recommend an hour or two at the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.  Even if Art or Art museums aren't your thing normally, the museum itself is impressive -something like 8th largest in the world, with many different architectural themes that compliment the different periods and places from which the art came.  It also has an interior cafe that if you had been blindfolded and taken there, you would swear you were transported to Rome.  Like most things of it's ilk, it's not the cheapest lunch in town, but it's arguably the best table. It's been awhile since I've been there, but every time I went, I rode my bike.  I believe the bike racks are right up near the front.

grea

Oklahoma Joes is where suburbanites go to feel they are in the city. It's overrated and not worth the wait in line. Rosedale BBQ on Southwest Blvd. is where you wanna go.
Oh Henrys Country Club in River Market for a beer or whiskey. You won't be disappointed.

And yes, the Nelson is amazing.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service