The Chainlink

John Kass Chicago Tribune Article - Email Him and Show Him Some Cyclist Love!!!!

I emailed John Kass (as I've done before, with no reply ever received, of course) this morning and asked that he set up a time to meet with me and discuss cyclists and cycling. Regardless of his less than friendly view of cycling and cyclists, I would love to see him be better informed an perhaps change his tune a bit.  I also invited him to go for a ride with me, as I've done before.

Maybe if many of us dropped him a line and invited him to have a discussion and go for a bike ride with us he'd eventually give in and understand better who we are and our community.  Don't slam him, don't insult him, don't denigrate him -- show him some cyclist love and get him to support us.

Grazie, Bill

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-kass-0509-2013...

jskass@tribune.com

Views: 4074

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All powerful - no. But does the placeholder columnist currently occupying the space formerly held by the late great Royko have an audience? Unfortunately, yes.

(sigh) alas, you are so right.  We have to be aware that there is an audience for whatever it is that he brings.  His voice sings in a chorus, a shrill one, but still a chorus.  Its not the most off key voice in that newspaper. Have you ever read Dennis O'Byr(hush your mouth boy! don't speak profanity)...

Anne Alt said:

All powerful - no. But does the placeholder columnist currently occupying the space formerly held by the late great Royko have an audience? Unfortunately, yes.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service