The Chainlink

Thank god someone is thinking about the shortage of suburban style restaurants in the city.

And the lucky neighborhood is:

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/article/20130326/CRED05/13032...

Views: 2905

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see any way they'd incorporate racks/bike parking or even care if you ride a bike.

The strip mall at Damen and Milwaukee has a huge parking lot, along a  huge bike route and ONE bike rack next to K-Mart.

Buy a car,shop at big box stores,eat until you feel sick,then drive home. Support America!

Not to mention obesity and our disease management system (more charitably known as health care), China, big oil, the auto and fast food industries, et al.

Mike Zumwalt said:

Buy a car,shop at big box stores,eat until you feel sick,then drive home. Support America!

Mike Zumwalt said:

Borrow money for a car,shop at big box stores,eat until you feel sick,then drive home. Support America!

FTFY

roflmao

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

An Olive Garden will totally ruin the urban character of the block destroying the tree lined parking lot islands and driving customers away from other nearby Italian themed eateries like Little Ceasars.

Bwahahaha!

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

An Olive Garden will totally ruin the urban character of the block destroying the tree lined parking lot islands and driving customers away from other nearby Italian themed eateries like Little Ceasars.

LOL LOL

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

this is turning out to be a great thread. (And I was wondering why Howard posted it to begin with).

RE : "I know there is a reason for suburbia, but I do not know what it is."

Lisa - this is a classic comment. I'd like to nominate you for an award for that.

We could all write books about this exact topic (wait...just read 'Fast Food Nation' esp. the

chapters about strip-mall ization of America).

IMHO the purpose of suburbia is for people who want everything to be 'perfect' (their houses, cars,

kids, wives, etc. etc.) to be surrounded by other 'perfect' people, etc. Except that doesn't exist.

anywhere. The deception and hypocrisy are amazing in the burbs (especially when you go further out).

OK will quit now.  and yes I have eaten at olive garden (against my will) and I don't like it.

PF Changs is actually pretty good though (esp. the hot sauces and lettuce wraps - yummy).

DB

as a footnote : a good friend of mine who has kids at OPRF HS (Oak Park River Forest) was asked

to not speak or not return to PTA meetings because he insisted the school address the herion

epidemic (this was about 3 years ago) that was rampant. The response from the school and the

PTA leadership was "No, our kids don't do drugs, they never would. Other schools' kids have those

problems, but not here..."

J.A.W. 15.08 km said:

LOL LOL

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

This thread has been great fun.

Lisa - Great comment.  I laugh every time I return to this thread.

And on the OPRF situation, denial is a river in Egypt.  ;)

dan brown 4.4 miles said:

this is turning out to be a great thread. (And I was wondering why Howard posted it to begin with).

RE : "I know there is a reason for suburbia, but I do not know what it is."

Lisa - this is a classic comment.

IMHO the purpose of suburbia is for people who want everything to be 'perfect' ...

as a footnote : a good friend of mine who has kids at OPRF HS (Oak Park River Forest) was asked to not speak or not return to PTA meetings because he insisted the school address the herion epidemic (this was about 3 years ago) that was rampant. The response from the school and the PTA leadership was "No, our kids don't do drugs, they never would. Other schools' kids have those problems, but not here..."

As in:   "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! hands over ears I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

dan brown 4.4 miles said:

as a footnote : a good friend of mine who has kids at OPRF HS (Oak Park River Forest) was asked

to not speak or not return to PTA meetings because he insisted the school address the herion

epidemic (this was about 3 years ago) that was rampant. The response from the school and the

PTA leadership was "No, our kids don't do drugs, they never would. Other schools' kids have those

problems, but not here..."

Yes!  There are many women in the suburbs who want to ride bikes and came all the way to UIC to talk about it.

Jennifer on the lake said:

The Chainlink welcomes our suburban sisters who attended Women Bike Chicago!

Well frankly you wouldn't know it form this thread. 

And do they enjoy hearing pretentious city dwellers snicker about where suburban women live or work?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yes!  There are many women in the suburbs who want to ride bikes and came all the way to UIC to talk about it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service