The Chainlink

Waving Wednesday.. Do it!

If you're on a bike & it's Wednesday, then wave!

Answers to commonly asked questions:

What's Waving Wednesday?
It's a simple concept! It's Wednesday and you're riding a bicycle. You see someone else on a bicycle. You wave to them. They wave to you.

Does it cost anything to participate in Waving Wednesday?
Waving Wednesday only costs about 3 calories per wave.

If I wave on Wednesdays, can I still wave on other days?
Waving to promote cameraderie among cyclists is always encouraged.

What qualifies as a wave?
A wave 'counts' when you move your hand back and forth at least 3 times. Nodding or saluting do not count - those salutations can find their own darn days.

Do I really have to do this?
Yes, you have to.

*From the fine folks @ the SFBC

Views: 653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to ding your bell! ;-) I don't know what that means or to whom I'm referring, just wasting time in another thread ;-)
i will not be waving on wednesdays.
all this waving sounds dangerous
Waving is great. Ever notice all the cta bus drivers wave to each other. The NU shuttle drivers do too. When I first got my subaru wrx, other wrx drivers would wave as we passed. After talking to other owners I found it was just something they do, and it seems limited to just the '02-'03 model years. I've never really waved at other cyclists, unless you count a head nod or lift of the fingers off the hoods at passing riders on Sheridan Rd. a wave - which I now see you don't. Nice sentiment, but lets not start mandating official wave days, next thing you know we're building imperialist monuments to the wrist and manicure.
GabeW said:
Waving is great. Ever notice all the cta bus drivers wave to each other. The NU shuttle drivers do too. When I first got my subaru wrx, other wrx drivers would wave as we passed. After talking to other owners I found it was just something they do, and it seems limited to just the '02-'03 model years. I've never really waved at other cyclists, unless you count a head nod or lift of the fingers off the hoods at passing riders on Sheridan Rd. a wave - which I now see you don't. Nice sentiment, but lets not start mandating official wave days, next thing you know we're building imperialist monuments to the wrist and manicure.

you better wave or someones gonna kick your a$$.
Well if you put it like that....then.....no, still not waving.
GabeW said:

so youre a tough guy eh?
o0_dan_0o said:
GabeW said:

so youre a tough guy eh?

no, just eh.
I propose we just expose ourselves and mutter angrily as we pass. Lets also wear masks on "Greeting Day".
Seems like nothing short of miss America will do. Elbow to wrist, fingers together, vasaline for the smile, and all that. A bit out of my league.....and that's a good thing.
I don't think there is enough fist pumping going on these days.
Nudity in greetings has been missing in this world! ;-) More nude greetings! ;-)

Martin Hazard said:
I propose we just expose ourselves and mutter angrily as we pass. Lets also wear masks on "Greeting Day".

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service