Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a really nice tree

Moc Artsy said:

I rode today.  Nice to not have to deal with snow, ice and cold.  F3ck snow, ice and cold.....

Magnificent shot, our blue lake at rest.  ; )

Moc Artsy said:

Amazing day to ride!  I love my 'new' bike, too.  :)))))

Not only was today beautiful, but I caught all the lights as well. I promptly opened a can of PBR when I got home to celebrate today!

I did not ride today.

I played golf.

Amazing.

Ride home on LFP was awesome!  Looking West, the shadows of statues and buildings against the remaining daylight was sweet!

YES! I started commuting at least one day each week since I got my bike in October. Last week I commuted three days. This week I'll ride two, maybe three depending on Friday's conditions. Cold doesn't bother me, but I'm nervous on ice.

Yes. Come on SNOW!

This is my first year of attempting to ride rain, snow, cold, or any other weather condition. I've been asking a lot of questions and with good advice and good layering, the traffic in the loop is the only thing that interferes with my rides. Nervous about riding during my first real snow though.

Snow is not too much of a worry. Slow down a bit, ride a straight line and do smooth, gentle turns ... pretend you are carrying a carton of eggs on your handlebars. The more worrisome element is ice and ice hidden below snow.

We are lucky in Chicagoland to have well plowed and salted streets. Even the lakefront bike path is plowed - not always as often as we would like - and makes it ridable most of the winter.

Just be alert for ice. You will figure that out. You will develop a new sense for it. It just takes practice. So, go out and ride. I know you can do it.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service