Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode today!  Saw more cyclists.  That was fun.  uh... headwind.  errr....

Dead Thread 

dead thread dead thread

laid to rest,

when its winter

posts are best

@Robert

I really will post when I'm riding again.  Was in South America for a week.  Came back with a cold that lasted a week.  Had training that lasted a week.  Now cold turned into sinus infection and I'm on horse pills...

I will ride again...

Saw a cyclist and taxi driver at Des Plaines and Monroe engaged in a heated dispute this morning around ~7:15. Not sure what happened.

Should I have stopped to give solidarity to the cyclist, or is better not to get involved in other people's business?

Unless there was damage I'd have suggested to the cyclist a confrontation wasn't worth it.

Was out a little before 7 this morning, the wind was intense but the rain had yet to really get going. Saw one other cyclist fighting the good fight on Milwaukee.

I got started a little late. Rain was only for a short bit intense, but I had an awesome tailwind for most of the ride. Sweet morning Monday ride to start the working week off right. Saw 0 other cyclists after the past few days where there have been legion.

got rained on the whole way.  consciously decided on no rain gear.  got wet on arms and thighs... had it started raining harder or dropped a few °s, I would've stopped and rain geared it up.  I think I saw a couple bicycle dudes/dudettes on Clark...  It sure gets lonely out there in the cold and rain.

Had my first, full round-trip commute ride on Friday since breaking my ankle on 3/23.  Still wearing the boot since the muscles and tissue around my ankle still feel tender.  I don't feel confident on supporting all my weight on it or dealing with lateral movements yet.  But the ride felt good.  Rode again this morning.  Just had to wear a plastic bag over the boot.  I'm going without the boot in the office, but taking it slow.

@jeffb - rock on with your plastic booted self! That's great news!

Maybe one of them was me.  I saw a few on Clark too.  One guy smiled when he passed me and said "Great day for a ride!"

Robert Underwood said:

...  I think I saw a couple bicycle dudes/dudettes on Clark...  

I rode this morning but I had a voice in my head saying "turn around" that kept getting louder and louder.  Whether that was due to it being Monday or the rain I can't be sure.  But that was unpleasant to the point of tempting me to take the train home tonite.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service