Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Headwind headwind go away, come again some other day.  I raced a bus this morning on Clark into E-town.  There were two buses in a row, stopped at a bus stop.  I was just passed one as they started moving.  by the time I got half way up on the second one in front it was going as fast as I was, so I had to break into a dead sprint to get in front and cut back towards the curb.  I blew the next light (safely) and never saw that bus again.

It just better not rain before six-thirty or so this afternoon.

....and it didn't.  So. tired. right. now.   I think that's all for me until this weekend.

Forgot how much a treat a good rain ride is.

Sorry to hear Jennifer on the lake.
And EssFresh...hell yea. I saw about one else on a bike til I rolled into Ogden and washtenaw. We both shouted woo hoo hell yea kinda good mornings. I think it may have been dan from WB, but don't know. Whatever the case, is there anything more fun than that stream of water between a wheel and fender jetting out?

I rode through it, but I don't know that I'd describe the experience as a "treat."

Great rain ride, my rain gear actually was needed the whole time for once!!!  only thing is my gloves were soaked and rain was soaking into my sockies and shoesies where filled by the end of ride.  All I need is some hi-top hiking shoes or boots so that my rain pants over lap the top and don't touch me sockies.  woo woo woo

great ride though.

Im with EssFresh and grayn8, how could you argue with that free bike wash and street sweep?! 

Protip: bring an extra pair of socks to work. 

Is there any amount of gortex that would keep you dry on a day like this? 

Anyone else happy they were on bikes last night during the presidential visit induced gridlock downtown? It was a little dicey for me to get to the LFP from my office, but it was all smooth sailing from there. The car commuters did not look pleased as they sat motionless on Lake Shore Drive.

Some road workers were wearing giant yellow onesies.  they seemed dry enough.  When I was little used to put bread bags over my shoes.  I should've done that this morning.  DANG IT!

Oh yes!  Took me a little longer than normal to get across to Milwaukee, but it was sooo much easier than sitting in a car.  As to today--nope.

Ryan Stahlman said:

Anyone else happy they were on bikes last night during the presidential visit induced gridlock downtown? It was a little dicey for me to get to the LFP from my office, but it was all smooth sailing from there. The car commuters did not look pleased as they sat motionless on Lake Shore Drive.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service