The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode today, smooth sailing except for Chicago ave./Clark street in Evanston between the cemetery and the L tracks.  they don't plow as aggressively in Evanston compared to Chicago.

I put grease inside all my shift and brake cables and they haven't frozen at all this week, I park it outside too.  They used to freeze when I didn't do that.

Looking forward to tomorrow...finally.

Me, too.  I think enough has been plowed to make it good, and it'll be (relatively) warmer.  All I have to do is get back in the habit of waking up early.

FUCK NO, I wish I could,  I get bummed in the winter with the shortage of light and excercise it's tough for me.  I hope in a couple days at least the streets will get melted and I can get to Aldi and refill the seriously depleted food shelves.

Not so bad this morning (Humboldt Park to loop) -- the frozen slush that was tricky yesterday is starting to be cleared off by traffic.

Noticed that every single one of the plastic bollards at the start of the protected lane SE of Milwaukee & Ogden have been totally blown away, presumably by plow drivers.

Not a soul on patrol. Rode Divvy on my short commute day. Seat posts were frozen and needed a little elbow grease adjust. Plus many of the docks were packed with snow, so had to dig one out to get the connection to dock the bike. Small inconvenience for convenience of Divvy.

Roads were fine except for a few piles from folks digging out cars.

Back on the bike today.  Not the worst conditions I've ever ridden in, but definitely the worst conditions I've ridden in 4 days after snowfall. Hope it's comfy in Rahm's limo this morning.

I rode today - was excited to see the email about Divvy opening today as I wasn't looking forward to biking on the side streets near by house.  My main issue was that I couldn't get the Divvy bike docked as I have to dock surf once or twice to get to work.  I called them and they agreed to reverse any charges so that was nice.

Dearborn bike lane was pretty bad today - there's a dumpster parked in the bike lane at Dearborn and Wacker, and there were several snow drifts I had to walk my bike over.  

Finally!

This dog got to ride!

Woof.

Yeah, that was nice to shake off them ol' cobwebs. The backroads are a bloody joke STILL, by the way. 

Yes!  That felt very good, but it was still a bit challenging in a couple of places.  Julie M, I thought that dumpster full of snow was a nice touch! :-)  Wonder if they are going to take it away or just let it melt there.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service