Views: 138968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL, must steal and use

grayn8 (5.3 - 36) said:

Foxtrot no.

Sorry if this has been posted before..

At least there is strong evidence that this summer won't be miserable :

http://blog.chicagoweathercenter.com/2014/03/26/tims-weather-world-...

So, brutal winters and springs are good for something!

Yehaa! Finally road in the sun today!!

nice come back!   

Jeff Schneider said:

Him: "So many bicyclists ride like idiots."

Me: "Yes, they ride the same way they drive."

Really nice day. Had to take a half day off work to get my physical, and managed a total of sixty miles for the day.
Today! Cheers of joy streaking down my face thanks to rain paints and rain jacket. Wind gusts come and go, but were not a problem - so I probably had a tail wind pushing me west and north. Also not wearing heavy boots and carrying multiple layers made the ride feel so much easier.

Yesterday: 14-18F depending on the bank display - military danner boots, thick jeans, tshirt, hoody, winter jacket, hunter gloves, balaclava, wool buff (too cold in the am for legs and core was a sweaty mess)

Today: rain pants, tshirt, rain jacket, buff for ears, old gore tex trail kicks...perfect. Sign said 38 F and it was raining nice drizzle. Sounds like spring sprint time!

My first go at a rainy, cold (<50) day. Turns out that it was a great way to ease into it - strong tailwind, not actually that rainy, just got a little wet. Not looking forward to the evening (southbound) commute home, though.

Nothing like sleet in the face to wake one up on the morning ride!  Turned to rain when I got downtown.

Three little things made my ride this morning much more enjoyable...

1. I moved my seat forward about 1/8th inch

2. I moved my seat post up about 1/8th inch

3.  There was a tailwind

This is the first adjustment I've made in many months and gradually I began to notice I wanted to be just slightly farther up and forward... man it felt so good, like my legs had more power and my arms extended just right.  Also this tailwind was a rare treat.  And I dropped the psi in my tires about five lbs.  I've been getting lots of hard knocks from the street being so eroded lately.  this seemed to make for a smoother ride this morning.  that said I would rather have too much air than too little, I hate the sluggish feeling of squishy tires.

Every prevailing wind direction makes somebody happy.

Simon Phearson said:

My first go at a rainy, cold (<50) day. Turns out that it was a great way to ease into it - strong tailwind, not actually that rainy, just got a little wet. Not looking forward to the evening (southbound) commute home, though.

good way to look at it.  

I didn't ride today and now wish I had.

Kevin C said:

Every prevailing wind direction makes somebody happy.

Simon Phearson said:

I bought a new headlight/taillight set with (part of) my REI dividend monday night (another shameless plug) and installed last night and was determined to ride today; weather be damned. As Lisa mentioned - the sleet in the face was OK; the headwind allowed me to eat a huge breakfast once I arrived starving at work; and since the 18 degrees yesterday scared me (my right thumb probably has 20% of the blood circulation it once had) from riding I made up my mind last night to ride today. Other than stopping at two starbucks on the way (Lincoln ave has lots btw) to use the blowdryer to warm my right hand; no real problems

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service