The Chainlink

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On a related note. I've come to the conclusion in life that in regards to climate change and peak oil. People won't change without strong government intervention. At least, not enough people to reverse the trend.

It really gives me the urge to try and accelerate the collapse, so that some semblance of stability comes quicker.
M.A.R.K. said:
For me, the jury is still out on global warming..

So who do you trust, if not the scientists? Politicians? Religion? Your gut? Science proves them all wrong time and time again. The jury is not out on global warming. The jury is in and is screaming the message but too many prefer to keep their heads in the sand. The truth is scary, but it's still the truth.
M.A.R.K. said:
And how can the everyday schmo be sure of the info we are being fed is correct?

You're right, there is a lot of disinformation out there, but the fact is that the scientific community has long ago reached consensus on this issue.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change:
"Since 2007, no scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion."

Oh, and the holdouts until 2007? The American Association of Petroleum Geologists. Hmmm.
The everyday schmo like me gets an asthma attack when I breath exhaust fumes. For some of us, it's very personal.

"It may be true that the law cannot change the heart but it can restrain the heartless." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service