The Chainlink

How many other cyclists did you see on your commute this morning?

I'll start: 1.

Views: 8398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

None, even though conditions were good.  Parked at the rack right in front of my office.

I fear that cars are starting to take for granted that nobody is cycling.  This morning, I had 2 cabs and 2 other vehicles pull into my path in the bike lane without looking, forcing me to swerve and brake.  Of course that sort of thing happens year round, but 4 in 4 miles is a lot.

Rode every day for the past 3 weeks from Uptown to the Loop.  Best advice someone gave to me is true "once you get going you don't think about the cold".

Yesterday, one would have thought it was still winter--hardly anyone out. Today, I could not count how many were going every which way.  Cycling spring fever definitely raging.

I have to agree with Lisa. Yesterday am from East Pilsen area to Lawndale - nobody.

Today - about 30. Nice!

Too many ;)

Kind of makes me think "They're baaaaaaack!"

between 630 and 745 I saw scores of riders including one hopeful gentleman riding in shorts. I suspect I may see more shorts on the way home.

To many to count, there was a mechanic at RT south who said "March is when you meet old friends".

One today, two yesterday.  I'm still able to lock up right in front of my office, which unfortunately is not going to last.

I thought about wearing shorts this morning but decided against it.

2 yesterday and 3 just this morning.

For the first time since I started commuting about three years ago, I saw waaaayyy more women riding than men!  I usually feel like a lone ranger.

That's awesome. Great to hear. When I head North to Skokie, I also see more men than women but there's one woman that raced me light-to-light. Best commute ever. :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service