The Chainlink

Here is Chicago's own Second city cop on getting doored!

Views: 1097

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SCC is relentlessly negative blog written by a bitter person who has a huge chip on his shoulder. Everyone who isn't a cop is a "mutt" or a "savage."

Maybe it's just shtick, but I'm thinking not. SCC is doing more damage to CPD's reputation than Anthony Abbate ever could.

True.  But I was talking about personalities and knowledge, not official powers and potential abuse thereof.

James BlackHeron said:

The differences between a bicyclist and a cop are that bicyclists don't have a badge and can't legally beat people up, kidnap them, or even shoot them.

Bicyclists don't tend to back up other bicyclists, right or wrong, and collude to hide/destroy evidence or terrorize/bully witnesses into not testifying against them.  And if they get in trouble they don't get paid leave while things get sorted out.

But other than that, your comparison is valid. 

Anne Alt said:

Exactly.  The stereotyping of cyclists reflected in the offensive SCC post is no more acceptable than our stereotyping of cops.  They run a full spectrum from ignorant jerks to well informed cyclists, just as we have among the cycling community.  Neither side is perfect. 

Imagine if some of the personalities on this list had these powers...

Perhaps there are some powers people just shouldn't have over each other?

Anne Alt said:

True.  But I was talking about personalities and knowledge, not official powers and potential abuse thereof.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service