The Chainlink

BABE HAS BEEN SOLD! Thank you everyone for the suggestions, offers, and help in selling, and thank you to Eli Rix for being courteous, responsive, and an all around awesome dude. This is why I posted it on The Chainlink!

Ride safe everyone,

Alex James

Full photo album on IMGUR

Views: 1875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey everyone, price and information have been updated!

Beautiful BEAST at a great price. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Kevin, it's a whole lotta bike! If you know anyone interested, send 'em my way! 

Due to the difficulty in selling a complete bike, I will start parting Babe out next week! There'll be Surly racks, SKS fenders, a Brooks saddle, Velocity wheelset, and the list continues. Get ready!

I offer my unsolicited advice...

Your bike is very attractive as a complete package, I am certain you will fetch more on Ebay.

I know Ebay & Paypal fees add up, but there is value in their large buyer/seller community.

Shipping a bike is around $80, use FedEx, bike boxes should be free from your FLBS.

You can even have your item set up to charge actual shipping once destination is determined.

Lee, I really do appreciate your advice, and hadn't considered ebay because of the fees associated with ebay and paypal, in addition to having to figure out shipping; it can be intimidating! I think the bike is a pretty svelte package, and it has EVERYTHING a commuter/tourer would want. What's challenging is that it is a large bike because I am a tall rider, and that limits who it appeals to immensely, but as you've said, there is a larger buyer/seller community on ebay then there is here. Another consideration though is would I rather sell many small parts now, or one complete bike later? There's just a lot to consider.

Thank you again for the advice, though! It's food for thought. 

Surely there must be a tall someone here who would buy and love this beautiful bike.  It hurts me to think of it being parts. :-(

That is my size, and I just lost a bike to thieves, but I am already in the middle of a similar build with a Schwinn Superior. If any tall guys see a 62/63cm Cannondale SR1000 up for sale with lots of dura-ace and superbe pro components, phil wood hubs and wolber rims, please message me! 

I can help you make a decision though...... How much for the brooks? :)

I do not see this bike on craiglist. Is there a reason why you won't be offering it there, where there is a much larger group of potential buyers than the community on chainlink? Just a thought because like others have said, it seems a shame (and a lot of effort) to part this out. 

ps - it is a lovely bike! Wish it were my size. 

How much for the wheel set and what is the spoke count?

T.K, sorry about your loss! Sounds like it was a beaut. Is there a story to go along with it? I'll keep you posted about the Brooks! 

T.K. 3.5 mi said:

That is my size, and I just lost a bike to thieves, but I am already in the middle of a similar build with a Schwinn Superior. If any tall guys see a 62/63cm Cannondale SR1000 up for sale with lots of dura-ace and superbe pro components, phil wood hubs and wolber rims, please message me! 

I can help you make a decision though...... How much for the brooks? :)

Hey Deet, the wheelset is laced 3x with 36 spokes on the front and rear; they're insanely durable. I'll have more info available in a bit! 

Deet 4.5mi said:

How much for the wheel set and what is the spoke count?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service