The Chainlink

Exciting New Chicago Cycling Box Service - Signed up for early bird special thought I'd share!

CyclistBox - Chicago Start Up Subscription Box for Cycling Products - Early Special.

http://signup.cyclistbox.com/

Views: 2900

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Clif bars are $.99 a piece at Whole Foods. Ankle straps are free unless it is a Brooks leather strap.

You do the math.

My one chief complaint with the 'Link is its endless tendency to devolve into sniping. I think there are way too many people here waiting to get indignant.

Madeline err'ed, got her ears pinned back and really there will be no end to the pile on.  I'll depart this thread, hopefully Madeline gets a sucessfull business going and we give her a fair second chance, good luck.

OK - I was going to resist the urge to pile on here; but now I am getting sucked into the fray.
I read the crain's chicago business article on her bikes; and there was a line that mentioned

"healthy lifestyle" (I wish I had the exact quote; but the crain's website is a PITA). WTH is up with that?

how the HELL is riding an electric bike 'healthy' ?????  am I missing something ???? (I think not).

Does she think we are all TOTALLY stupid morons !!!!

OK I feel better now...

Dann B (5.25 mi/8.75 mi) said:

Even beyond the "market research" screw up, this point by kiltedcelt is my other problem with this.  Personally, I am very particular about my cycle gear.  Everything from utility to weight to fit to the colors has to be right or it ends up gathering dust on my shelf.  Even for simple things like gloves and lights, I need to hold them in my hand (or try them on) before I buy.  Even after, the item may not end up on my bike.

Not sure a subscription service really translates well to something as personal as cycle gear (becomes part of the machine, etc).  At the very least, you need to note the percentage of consumables vs components in the description, and a list of official sponsors.  $24.95 for a box of 10 Cliff bars and energy gels and a $5 ankle strap (already have like 10 of those lying around) isn't really a good deal, for example.

kiltedcelt said:

I can't imagine paying the subscription price to say, get a bunch of shorts and shirts and maybe comestibles. Shorts and shirts, maybe okay, but frankly the gear I wear has to fit well because of the long distances I ride, has to be in colors I would wear, and is preferably not made in a Chinese sweat shop. The food I eat must be healthy and nutritious and not contain things like high fructose corn syrup.

Haddon said:

Anyway, Madeline, good luck if you put $50 worth of stuff in a box and sell it for $25 people will buy.

OK - I have to disagree here. If the "$50.00 worth of stuff" is stuff that *I DO NOT NEED* (and I would really venture to say here that many of us have SO MUCH of certain stuff" that we may never ever "need it" I will NOT pay $25 for it. it is just clutter. That is like saying a guy/gal that home brews there own beer will buy beer on sale for 40% off.

I do not need it. period. it becomes clutter. which I already have too much of. and if I (we) don't have any say in what we are getting (that we don't need) it's even worse. OK I am done now.

DB

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service