The Chainlink

Do you know how to trigger a demand-actuated stoplight on your bike when there are no vehicles around?

Have you ever found yourself at a demand-actuated stoplight with no vehicles around to help trigger the light? Guess which spot on the road you are most likely to trigger the light?

1) Past the stopline, near the crossroad

2) In the middle of the detector

3) On the right perimeter of the detector

4) Very close or at the curb

Post your answers and we'll reveal the correct answer tomorrow. Learn more bike safety tips like these at http://bikesafetyquiz.com/

Views: 1348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you contact the highway department because a particular sensor does not work, offer this suggestion.  Take a sign blank (12*18 inches).  Place an edge on the center or edge loop, and hold it upright.  Adjust the sensor toward more sensitive until it detects the sign blank.  It will now pick up bicycles directly over the loop, but not a car in the next lane.

5) None of the above

If you are on an Aluminum, Carbon Fiber or Titanium bike.

Adjusted properly, they will detect aluminum rims.  Non-metallic bike and wheels won't be detected.

I was just going to ask why is "none of the above" an answer. Even people on motorcycles have trouble actuating these.

Tominator said:

5) None of the above

If you are on an Aluminum, Carbon Fiber or Titanium bike.


The sensors work with my Plywood bike,, I have a steel 20" front rim and a 26" aluminum rim


Mike Schwab said:

Adjusted properly, they will detect aluminum rims.  Non-metallic bike and wheels won't be detected.

I have a few friends who regularly ride motorcycles who tell me the same thing - hence the reason for this law.

Lee Sam said:

I was just going to ask why is "none of the above" an answer. Even people on motorcycles have trouble actuating these.

Tominator said:

5) None of the above

If you are on an Aluminum, Carbon Fiber or Titanium bike.

Seriously.  And on my commute.  When I'm doing everything to obey traffic signals and traffic law.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service