The Chainlink

I figured it would be cool to put up a thread where people can post the good deals they see around or spread the word about sales all in one place without having to make a new thread each time.

Notice an amazing special somewhere?  Post it up.

Know about a secret deal somewhere? Post it up.

You know the drill.

Views: 2841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1800 N Clybourn
Chicago, Illinois 60614

30% off all "Fall" Clothing until Jan. 30

Also online.

Steve Courtright said:

1800 N Clybourn
Chicago, Illinois 60614

30% off all "Fall" Clothing until Jan. 30

Know anyone super short who wants a pretty nice single speed?

Rapid Transit North is blowing out one of the last of the Waterford built 'RT Bikes' with a sweet set of B43 wheels on it.  It is a tiny 42cm frame in retina searing green with matching Velocity B43 wheels and it's only 699 reduced from 1599; more than half off!

What are the measurements on this? The gf wants a new bike.

notoriousDUG said:

Rapid Transit North is blowing out one of the last of the Waterford built 'RT Bikes' with a sweet set of B43 wheels on it.  It is a tiny 42cm frame in retina searing green with matching Velocity B43 wheels and it's only 699 reduced from 1599; more than half off!

It is marketed as a 42cm due to the sloping top tube.  It can be adjusted down for a super short rider but the effective top tube is about 50cm and it, with the seat up where it should be, is probably more of a 46cm.  stand over is 72cm or about 28'5"

Joe Willis said:

What are the measurements on this? The gf wants a new bike.

notoriousDUG said:

This insulated Columbia Night Ride jacket looks interesting.  It's got functional and non-functional glow-in-the-dark zippers across the body that I thought would come in handy for biking in the dark, and other night time activities.  Comes to 66 bucks with today's Deal Flyer coupon (which ends today).     

Cloudveil gear is super cheap at Levelninesports.com

My wife & I picked up new rain coats off the site and are super happy with them. Tons of selection too. 

Ibex sale, what seems to be wool base layers for $30-40 :

http://shop.ibex.com/specials/woolies-sale.html

Dammit, why does there need to be an Ibex sale? I can't help myself with their goods.

Got an email from Blue City a few days ago:

We're open again, and getting stoked for Spring.  To that end, we're offering 20% off everything in the store and $30 labor on wheel builds til the end of February.  Come on in!  Let's get your steed ready for the season!

And our Terry bikes are starting to come in as well.  Stop by next week to check out some of the new 2012 models! 

As always, mention the ad for the discounts.

Blue City Cycles
3201 S Halsted
I took advantage today and saved $4 on a pair of stylin' red BMX pedals. (The same red pedals that are on that beautiful green Waterford! I'll have to do something about the green caps...) 

'73 Schwinn SS

Kool Yellow

25"

Inexpensive crank adapters are available, so you're not stuck with the one piece boat anchor crank.  

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/2806064413.html

It's CL, price negotiable?  ;)

Schwinn Super Sport Mens Tall Frame 10 Speed Bike - $225 (Schaumburg)

Date: 2012-01-27, 12:56PM CST
Reply to: sale-gfadh-2806064413@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Schwinn Super Sport Mens Tall Frame 10 Speed Bicycle. The bike is in great overall condition and ride well This is a vintage 1973 Chicago Schwinn. The Bike has a tall frame with a 36 inch centerbar and 34 1/2 Inch standover height. The bike has new tires, rim liners, brake cable and shifter cables. The bike also has a Brooks B-15 Champion leather saddle. It is freshly tuned up and ready to ride and enjoy.The price is $225.00. Call 847-971-7788 for an appointment to view and test ride. 

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3

super sport was a handbuilt Cr/Mo fillet brazed frame, much lighter than Varsity etc, should have 27" aluminum Weinmann rims, double butted spokes, a Shimano Crane rear derailleur and a Schwinn/Brooks B17 type seat, randonneur bars and a weird 21.1 mm stem. Inexplicably, also a one piece Ashtabula crank, a junky front derailleur with heavy Schwinn stem shifters, a pie plate, a brazed on steel kickstand and a steel seat post. These are great bikes and it's only $90 more than it cost new! Kool Lemon is the best flavor.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service