The Chainlink

Peace All,

Red Bike & Green + The Pioneers Bicycle Club present...

The Southside Ride for Chicago Critical Mass

This Critical Mass route proposal is a 14-mile tour of some of Chicago's African-American cultural & historical landmarks. Highlights along the route will include the site of the Chess Records studios, the Bronzeville Victory Monument, Ida B. Wells' home, the Harold Washington Cultural Center, the DuSable Museum, the Obamas' house and much more. The ride will end at the new 31st Street marina and beach.

Check out the map at:
http://chicagocriticalmass.org/
Scroll down on the home page and click on the flyer for the full size image.

A special thanks to the lovely Eboni Senai, a true gem in our city. Her work as the Founder of Red Bike & Green - Chicago is energizing bicycling culture in the African American community of Chicago. Also want to share a huge thanks with John Greenfield, Willow Naeco, and Steven Lane for their early, active, and consistent support of this effort.

We will meet up at 5:30pm on Friday, August 31st at the Picasso statue at Daley Plaza. Please join us for a beautiful ride through parts of the Southside of Chicago!

...how about a post-ride afterparty?
Peoples DJs Collective 3YR Anniversary BBQ
2236 S. Marshall Blvd., Chicago
(block west of California & Cermak)
http://www.facebook.com/events/273511979429664/

Rock on,

Oboi
The Pioneers Bicycle Club
@theycallmeOboi

Views: 4171

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have been called a dreamer from time to time...

Cameron Puetz said:

Sounds like an interesting route, but if you can get all of CCM going to to one place, then you must be the greatest cat herder of all time.

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

there's another route planned also? we'd love for the entire CCM family to roll South with us...

h' said:

I think the plan is for the south side ride to leave at 5:30 and the usual Foster beach ride will leave closer to 6:30?

James BlackHeron said:

5:30 huh?

It sounds like a fun ride but I can't remember the last time CCM actually left before 6:10 or even 6:15.   

Thanks guys. I love to explore new neighborhoods and this ride seems like a good opportunity to do so. Just a bit wary of travelling south of 35th. I trust your word that these areas are safe, and can't wait ro ride!

hey Paul - what part of Chicago do you live. i am def up for a "post-ride" ride. some of us are considering going to the people's DJ collective party that night after the ride. gotta get the address, though i know its west of 31st street beach. 

Paul Fitz, Scrabblor said:

is that a joke?

this is a great map.  I was planning on skipping this month's ride, but it'll be so refreshing to actually end up closer to my house for once.   who's in for the post ride to the south?

Duh. :-)

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

i know its west of 31st street beach. 

I live in Canaryville. Not all bikers are north-side hipsters!

James BlackHeron said:

So the post-ride ride will be from 31st street beach back to Wicker/Bucktown/Logan Square where 80%+ of CCM riders actually live...

Adam - reach out if you'd like to chat about this. my info is in the previous reply. and please try to find me on Friday. my name is Oboi Reed and i will be at the front of the ride helping to guide the ride. look forward to meeting you in person.

Adam Herstein said:

Thanks guys. I love to explore new neighborhoods and this ride seems like a good opportunity to do so. Just a bit wary of travelling south of 35th. I trust your word that these areas are safe, and can't wait ro ride!

thanks much Cameron and we look forward to a great ride with you and all of CCM!!!

Cameron Puetz said:

Sounds like a fun ride. Normally I'm not a fan of Critical Mass, but I might come out for this one.

hahahahaha!!!!

Adam Herstein said:

Duh. :-)

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

i know its west of 31st street beach. 

Great, thanks! I look forward to meeting you! This will be only my second mass. I'll try to stay near the front this time, as last time I ended up near the back.

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

Adam - reach out if you'd like to chat about this. my info is in the previous reply. and please try to find me on Friday. my name is Oboi Reed and i will be at the front of the ride helping to guide the ride. look forward to meeting you in person.

Adam Herstein said:

born and raised in Chatham myself and loved it. now calling the South Loop home.

Mike McCune said:

I live in Canaryville. Not all bikers are north-side hipsters!

James BlackHeron said:

So the post-ride ride will be from 31st street beach back to Wicker/Bucktown/Logan Square where 80%+ of CCM riders actually live...

indeed, look forward to meeting you Adam.

Adam Herstein said:

Great, thanks! I look forward to meeting you! This will be only my second mass. I'll try to stay near the front this time, as last time I ended up near the back.

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

Adam Herstein said:

Oboi, I live in South Shore off 76th st. the PDJC party is at cermak + marshall.  I'm trying to figure out how to juggle it all right now... I think a baby sitter may be needed.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service