The Chainlink

Peace All,

Red Bike & Green + The Pioneers Bicycle Club present...

The Southside Ride for Chicago Critical Mass

This Critical Mass route proposal is a 14-mile tour of some of Chicago's African-American cultural & historical landmarks. Highlights along the route will include the site of the Chess Records studios, the Bronzeville Victory Monument, Ida B. Wells' home, the Harold Washington Cultural Center, the DuSable Museum, the Obamas' house and much more. The ride will end at the new 31st Street marina and beach.

Check out the map at:
http://chicagocriticalmass.org/
Scroll down on the home page and click on the flyer for the full size image.

A special thanks to the lovely Eboni Senai, a true gem in our city. Her work as the Founder of Red Bike & Green - Chicago is energizing bicycling culture in the African American community of Chicago. Also want to share a huge thanks with John Greenfield, Willow Naeco, and Steven Lane for their early, active, and consistent support of this effort.

We will meet up at 5:30pm on Friday, August 31st at the Picasso statue at Daley Plaza. Please join us for a beautiful ride through parts of the Southside of Chicago!

...how about a post-ride afterparty?
Peoples DJs Collective 3YR Anniversary BBQ
2236 S. Marshall Blvd., Chicago
(block west of California & Cermak)
http://www.facebook.com/events/273511979429664/

Rock on,

Oboi
The Pioneers Bicycle Club
@theycallmeOboi

Views: 4171

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5:30 huh?

It sounds like a fun ride but I can't remember the last time CCM actually left before 6:10 or even 6:15.   

hey James - its a good point. we are telling people 5:30pm as we expect some first-timers to ride with us. and we want to connect with them and chat a bit to prepare them for the ride. you gonna ride?

Oboi 

James BlackHeron said:

It sounds like a fun ride but I can't remember the last time CCM actually left before 6:10 or even 6:15.   

Great route idea!

thanks so much Anne!

Anne Alt said:

Great route idea!

oh the handy dandy route work is compliments of the good John Greenfield!

Anne Alt said:

Great route idea!

Hopefully Obama will be in town ;-)

*sigh* I remember when John was great.

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

Anne Alt said:

Great route idea!

I think the plan is for the south side ride to leave at 5:30 and the usual Foster beach ride will leave closer to 6:30?

James BlackHeron said:

So the post-ride ride will be from 31st street beach back to Wicker/Bucktown/Logan Square where 80%+ of CCM riders actually live...

that would be awesome. wait...then again...

h' said:

Hopefully Obama will be in town ;-)

well played h', well played indeed!

h' said:

*sigh* I remember when John was great.

Olatunji Oboi Reed said:

Anne Alt said:

Great route idea!

there's another route planned also? we'd love for the entire CCM family to roll South with us...

h' said:

I think the plan is for the south side ride to leave at 5:30 and the usual Foster beach ride will leave closer to 6:30?

James BlackHeron said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service