The Chainlink

Hey everyone. The man who Killed Bobby Cann has an extremely good and well paid layer. The facts coming out are that his BAC was .127 (roughly 6 drinks in an hour) and that he was driving 50 in a 30 when he hit Bobby. There were three other people in the car with him and no one stopped him from driving.
http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130601/old-town/100k-bond-for-man-...

I am posting this because keeping media attention on this is prob the best way to make sure that these people do not get off easy.

I am asking for people to come out and talk about this. To show up at the court hearings and to over all not let this get swept under the rug.

I am asking for people in the community that can help with the to please get a hold of me.

Thanks!

Views: 17225

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed. I was pointing out that she is basically trying to say that the driver was innocent for her own BS reasons – and should be absolved of all wrongdoing – without flat out stating it.

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

Drunk driving isn't exactly "innocent" either. While that may have been the word she was looking for, her argument is still weak.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

Drunk driving is not unintentional. I think she is confusing "unintentional" with "innocent".

I am late to this, just heard about the awful accident and read some of the thread's responses.

1) The City should do more to make biking more hospitable (and Daley/Emanual's efforts are slow but in the right direction, thanks)

2) Lack of safety in Chicago has led to mostly young bikesters going through Stop signs and Red Lights which makes car drivers more aggressive toward us bikers - ironically.  In Minneapolis improved safety for bikers has led more people of all ages to bike, what I would like to see in Chicago (of course it is a bigger city so that must pose a problem for the city).  This has led to cars respecting bikers more.

3) 1 and 2 are irrelevant to the recent tragedy - drunk driving is drunk driving is drunk driving - it can kill anyone (and so far other car drivers are the greatest victims, not bikers) and is already against the law anyway.  Standards are already against this one - this is, in a sense, a mental health problem (people abusing alcohol).

4) The most proven way to reduce drunk driving is through harsh penalties when caught driving drunk, lower thresholds of alcohol for drivers, and education.

At least his employer is showing some class. This is from the chicago allyoucandrink facebook page.

Liked · 20 minutes ago 

The events of this past week have been truly heartbreaking. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those affected as we all try to make sense of this tragedy. At AllYouCanDrink.com, our goal is to connect members of our community to their city’s best events, restaurants and nightlife – never to be a platform to promote reckless behavior or irresponsible drinking. As we move forward, we’ll renew our efforts to advocate safe, responsible drinking in the hope that an event like this never happens again.

Hello Simone Bogode, I have a few things to say to you directly. To post information that is completely incorrect beyond pisses me off. To say the Ryne was disrespectful and unremorseful is absolutely disgusting to me. Are you psychic? Ryne was beyond respectful and is very remorseful and that is a fact not an opinion. Who the hell are you to say he is not a good person? Ryne is a great caring person, a complete gentleman which is very rare these days to find in a man, he has an extremely big heart and one of the greatest guys I know. You are asking for people to show up to the court hearing and I will be there sitting behind Ryne. Don't put something out there about his character when you don't know him at all. I want everyone to know I'm proud to call Ryne my friend but to say he was disrespectful and unremorseful is a god damn lie because again it's the complete opposite.

I am so suspicious of all these new accounts coming to post in this thread today.

SlowCoachOnTheRoad said:

I am late to this, just heard about the awful accident and read some of the thread's responses.

1) The City should do more to make biking more hospitable (and Daley/Emanual's efforts are slow but in the right direction, thanks)

2) Lack of safety in Chicago has led to mostly young bikesters going through Stop signs and Red Lights which makes car drivers more aggressive toward us bikers - ironically.  In Minneapolis improved safety for bikers has led more people of all ages to bike, what I would like to see in Chicago (of course it is a bigger city so that must pose a problem for the city).  This has led to cars respecting bikers more.

3) 1 and 2 are irrelevant to the recent tragedy - drunk driving is drunk driving is drunk driving - it can kill anyone (and so far other car drivers are the greatest victims, not bikers) and is already against the law anyway.  Standards are already against this one - this is, in a sense, a mental health problem (people abusing alcohol).

4) The most proven way to reduce drunk driving is through harsh penalties when caught driving drunk, lower thresholds of alcohol for drivers, and education.

What amazes me about Ryne's friends is that not one of them has said that they feel sorry for the family of the victim and wish them strength in these difficult times.

Instead they all come in guns a blazing villifying anyone that dares to say that Ryne was not an upstanding citizen who made an innocent mistake.

Wonder what that says about Ryne, if he associates with individuals like "Kris Pielat", "Nick" and "Chicagobikes".

Kris Pielat said:

Hello Simone Bogode, I have a few things to say to you directly. To post information that is completely incorrect beyond pisses me off. To say the Ryne was disrespectful and unremorseful is absolutely disgusting to me. Are you psychic? Ryne was beyond respectful and is very remorseful and that is a fact not an opinion. Who the hell are you to say he is not a good person? Ryne is a great caring person, a complete gentleman which is very rare these days to find in a man, he has an extremely big heart and one of the greatest guys I know. You are asking for people to show up to the court hearing and I will be there sitting behind Ryne. Don't put something out there about his character when you don't know him at all. I want everyone to know I'm proud to call Ryne my friend but to say he was disrespectful and unremorseful is a god damn lie because again it's the complete opposite.

Ladies and gentleman, we have a new player :)

FWIW, on other boards we refer to this behavior as "Sock-puppets". 

Kris Pielat said:

If everyone just stopped posting here they would have nothing to respond to.  Try it; you might like it.

You first! ;)

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

If everyone just stopped posting here they would have nothing to respond to.  Try it; you might like it.

If everyone just stopped pointing out what he did, it would stop hurting his poor widdle feewings!

(I jest, mostly)

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Even if "unremorseful" is an incorrect description of actions at the scene, it's easy to be remorseful after the worst decision in your life results in someone else's death and you're looking at the possibility of years in prison.  You don't get points for that.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service