The Chainlink

Bobby Cann Updates: Ryne San Hamel Pleads Guilty, Receives 10 Days in Jail

Jason Jenkins at ActiveTrans is helping to coordinate community response.  If there is any chance you can attend proceedings, please reach out to him: 

jason@activetrans.org.

Views: 43830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks Jason and Chi Lowe for this info. this seems like a worthwhile and constructive thing to be

involved in. I will participate if my schedule allows me to..

DB

It would be great if the info could be posted here. Perhaps someone can organize a ride to the courthouse.

Agree!

spencewine said:

It would be great if the info could be posted here. Perhaps someone can organize a ride to the courthouse.

Excellent idea.

blair_ said:

Agree!

spencewine said:

Great, thank you. I'd like to attend (biking down from Evanston), would like to bike with others.

I'll ride.

Anne Alt said:

Excellent idea.

blair_ said:

Agree!

spencewine said:

yes good idea, when and where?

Beans said:

I'll ride.

Anne Alt said:

Excellent idea.

blair_ said:

Agree!

spencewine said:

ATA has already indicated that they will keep us all informed here. I plan to take the required time off work to go.

spencewine said:

This doesn't seem to be happening.

Reply by Will G - 10mi on June 4, 2013 at 12:46pm

> ATA has already indicated that they will keep us all informed here.

I need a fair amount of notice to get time off work-- when are known dates? Was there already a hearing of some sort?

My understanding is that we are needed on 7/17.

Take that with a grain of salt, my ignorance on the law is astouding.

h' 1.0 said:

I need a fair amount of notice to get time off work-- when are known dates? Was there already a hearing of some sort?

Also I wanted to share this.

Chicago Police are looking for volunteer court advocates for the July 17, 2013 court date. (It's at 9am at the 26th Street Court House.) What this means is, the police coordinate with concerned citizens who appear in court to show their support for the case. The sense is, when the community gets involved it sends a signal to the judge that this isn't "just another DUI" and helps to encourage stricter sentencing.

If you are interested in volunteering, you can contact the Chicago Police 18th District Community Policing Office at 312-742-5778.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service