The Chainlink

I saw this on the RSS feed on the home page and figured I'd call attention to it, although, they don't think it is related to the recent LP attacks. Looks like having a U-lock at the ready may be a possible attack deterrent. I know I carry mine on the handlebars when I don't feel safe. Oh, and it will help keep your bike safe too.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1701261,CST-NWS-lincolnpk05.article

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been telling everyone who mentions the recent attacks its one of the reasons I bike instead of walk when I am alone at night.
Dammit!

h3 said:
I've recently made it a practice to keep at least one lock on my handlebars, and mentally rehearse grabbing it frequently. Although with my street-fighting skills, it'll most likely end up being used against me.
Hopefully I won't have occasion to find out whether blazing through 7 seasons of "24" in 6 months helped me at all . . .
A ulock is a good source of protection.Remember an attacker doesnt care about your safety.So you should use as much force as possible to protect your self.Way to use a U lock proyection.Hit knuckles elbows knee caps,any moving extremities to stop your attacker.Mainly make alot of noise,screaming curse to the top of your lungs.This also helps your confidents while kicking your attackers ass.And always keep that U lock in a easy accessible place.
I just carry a pistol, its safer! Na, i keep the lock close in the hood. I prefer to ride fast and rarely stop...
I always carry a knife. It may have only been used on cab tires though.
Then where did the blood come from?
JAck Bauer never stands down! lol

h3 said:
Stand down!

Anne said:
Dammit!

h3 said:
I've recently made it a practice to keep at least one lock on my handlebars, and mentally rehearse grabbing it frequently. Although with my street-fighting skills, it'll most likely end up being used against me.
Hopefully I won't have occasion to find out whether blazing through 7 seasons of "24" in 6 months helped me at all . . .
Mini U-locks fit into most back pockets (I think they were designed for that) and aren't that uncomfortable while back there. It's good idea to carry them this way.

Be careful out there folks! It seems like these thugs are hitting the North Side neighborhoods 'cause it's where the folks that have the money live.
LOL
But Tony Almeda came back!
I'll not forgive them for killing off Larry Moss.

h3 said:
But look at you Anne, you've lost everything, everything you touch dies.

Anne said:
JAck Bauer never stands down! lol

h3 said:
Stand down!

Anne said:
Dammit!

h3 said:
I've recently made it a practice to keep at least one lock on my handlebars, and mentally rehearse grabbing it frequently. Although with my street-fighting skills, it'll most likely end up being used against me.
Hopefully I won't have occasion to find out whether blazing through 7 seasons of "24" in 6 months helped me at all . . .
Hey, I'm as macho as the next guy, but planning to use a U-lock on a group of street toughs dumb enough to be jacking people up in a fairly heavily policed area like Lincoln Park is a really, really bad idea. You can replace a bike or a wallet, and if you're dealing with people who just want to kick the shit out of you there's not much you can do about it unless you're a muay Thai expert or something.

The best way to stay safe is to keep to busy streets as much as you can and to ride in numbers, and I think the Chainlink would be better used as a resource for linking up people who ride similar routes so they can stick together than as a forum for encouraging people to harbor delusions of fighting muggers off with U-locks and mace.
i didn't like him much at first either, but nearer the end he seemed to be coming into his own, standing up to bauer. so much of the show is over the top, characters always on the redline, but he was deeper water (like buchanan?) and a nice counterpoint. just as i get to liking him, kaPlOW!!

h3 said:
Larry Moss? Why? I found very little redeeming about the character or the actor . . .

Anne said:
LOL
But Tony Almeda came back!
I'll not forgive them for killing off Larry Moss.

h3 said:
But look at you Anne, you've lost everything, everything you touch dies.

Anne said:
JAck Bauer never stands down! lol

h3 said:
Stand down!

Anne said:
Dammit!

h3 said:
I've recently made it a practice to keep at least one lock on my handlebars, and mentally rehearse grabbing it frequently. Although with my street-fighting skills, it'll most likely end up being used against me.
Hopefully I won't have occasion to find out whether blazing through 7 seasons of "24" in 6 months helped me at all . . .

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service