The Chainlink

Does anyone one here play Bike Polo? I at least want to try it, so if anyone on here plays or knows other people who play, or are also looking to play, please let me know!

If you have any information/details on the subject that you want to share as well, that'd be great! Thanks!

--Jackie

Also, I obviously am looking for just a beginning level, since I've never played.

bikepolo.ca seems too... serious(?)

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was there no polo scheduled today? (Sept 20) I showed up and waited at Garfield Park, but no dice :( I haven't played in so long.
When grass polo starts back up let me know! I miss playing and all I have been able to find in chicago is court ball, I much prefer grass. I would love to join you guys!
Laura,

the grass game will start up in Hyde Park in a week and a half. I'll post the details here. We're still negotiating access to the soccer fields.

Laura said:
When grass polo starts back up let me know! I miss playing and all I have been able to find in chicago is court ball, I much prefer grass. I would love to join you guys!
Oh great! I want in on that! What all do I need to bring? Like I said, I've never played before - I am very new to it, and don't know much about it. But I want to learn! :-)
Any news on Hyde Park polo? I think I would be embarrassingly bad but am more than up to find out for sure.
Yeah, I tried going to Garfield Park on the 13th with no luck. I emailed someone though and he said that they've changed their spot to the UIC campus at Aberdeen and Taylor.

Joe Sak said:
Was there no polo scheduled today? (Sept 20) I showed up and waited at Garfield Park, but no dice :( I haven't played in so long.
Count me in!!!

J said:
Laura,

the grass game will start up in Hyde Park in a week and a half. I'll post the details here. We're still negotiating access to the soccer fields.

Laura said:
They used to play in Humboldt park on Saturdays for sure, not sure if they still do. And lots of beer was consumed. I think you could check out http://www.chicagobikepolo.com/ for more details.
Tentatively scheduled for next Saturday, 9-11am on the Midway soccer fields. I will post the details here next week. All equipment provided.

Dr. Doom said:
Any news on Hyde Park polo? I think I would be embarrassingly bad but am more than up to find out for sure.
Are things on for tomorrow?

J said:
Tentatively scheduled for next Saturday, 9-11am on the Midway soccer fields. I will post the details here next week. All equipment provided.

Dr. Doom said:
I would think the fields would be too wet.
but I don't know if its on or not
I talked to a guy named Ben tonight at Blue City Cycles who's part of the group that plays at Aberdeen and Taylor. He was also part of the Chicago team that just played in Nationals. The games there are hardcourt, three-on-three. Beginners are welcome, encouraged, etc. Sundays they play 2 pm-9 pm, though he admitted to be on the safe side, don't get there until 3 pm. Their website is here:
http://www.bikepolo.ca/league/chicago

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service