The Chainlink

Bike-Friendly Housing Co-op Unit for sale, asking $4900 buy-in, $1001/mo

The HUB Housing Co-op was started in 2005 by a bunch of Chicago cyclists.  We're a fun, yet responsible group.  Sam and I are finally leaving the co-op, and our sweet studio unit is for sale.  I say "sweet" because it has a cork floor, giant soaking tub, and skylights.  The co-op is a great way to own property cooperatively (so your responsibility is less), and to live with friends.  And it's right on the boulevard, which now has a protected bike lane.

Chicago magazine did a video about us!  http://www.chicagomag.com/Radar/Deal-Estate/February-2013/Peddling-...

If you have questions or would like to come see the place/meet the cooperators, call (312) 469-0794 or email sarahbikes@gmail.com.

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really nice.  That south face should get a lot of sun, too.  Looks like the first floor was a store at one time.  Is it still zoned commercial?

I watched the video and found it with streetview.

I've been there, it's an awesome space.  and even more awesome neighbors :))

I actually did not check our zoning in order to reply, but I don't think we're zoned commercial.  The first floor is elevated somewhat, it has a normal apartment layout, and it's occupied by wonderful cycling neighbors.

Tricolor said:

Really nice.  That south face should get a lot of sun, too.  Looks like the first floor was a store at one time.  Is it still zoned commercial?

I watched the video and found it with streetview.

It's zoned RT-4.  The corner stores in the area that have the proper zoning are zoned "business"-- "commercial" is reserved for the larger streets like Cermak and Kedzie.

I know the building well and have not seen any indication that it was ever anything but a residence.

Here's a tip for zoning geeks... I always get to the mapping page by googling "zoning mapping home."

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service