The Chainlink

BFF Bikes - New Bike Shop Opening in Chicago this March Geared Towards Women

My friends, Annie and Vanessa are opening a bike shop, BFF Bikes this spring that's geared towards biking/commuting women in Chicago. Women that ride and/or commute on their bikes all need more gear and apparel options and who better to bring it to Chicago than two lady racers that also commute? 

Here's where BFF Bikes can use your help - 
1. Check them out: http://chicago.racked.com/archives/2014/01/06/the-midwests-first-bi...
2. Fan their BFF Bikes FB page and/or sign up for updates on their website.
3. Get a BFF t-shirt or tune-up or a BIKE when you contribute to their Indie Gogo campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bff-bikes/

Their campaign is off to a fantastic start but they can still use your help (and you get some pretty great swag in return). Thanks!!

Views: 3141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a procrastinator so I'm just getting to this now. Can't wait for the party too!

I wanted to bump this one more time.  BFF is about $2200 away from its goal with only four days left.  If you have been thinking about it but just have not gotten around to it, now is as good a time as ever to donate.

I agree! And we will be at the Bike Swap this Saturday - SO if you order a Tee Shirt we will have it there for you to pick up! And will be selling them as well!

xOxOx

awesome, see you saturday!

Vanessa B said:

I agree! And we will be at the Bike Swap this Saturday - SO if you order a Tee Shirt we will have it there for you to pick up! And will be selling them as well!

xOxOx

Vanessa, do you plan to distribute the already ordered t-shirts and/or other "portable" perks at the Bike Swap?  I, for one, will be there.  Seems like the more you can hand over the less money spent mailing!

Vanessa B said:

xOxOx

The only perks we have at this time are the shirts (well we will be getting them friday night!)

the socks and caps we have to order once we know who wants what! That will be in March and will be available for pick up at the Shop!

I was not very clear.  Do you want us to pick up the t-shirt at the Swap if we previously ordered one, or do you want us to wait to pick up at the shop?

Vanessa B said:

The only perks we have at this time are the shirts (well we will be getting them friday night!)

the socks and caps we have to order once we know who wants what! That will be in March and will be available for pick up at the Shop!

You can do whichever you prefer! We hope to see you in the store and at the swap!

I'm not thinking we need a debate about having a bike shop that caters to one gender especially when, as a woman, in Chicago, my experience is that many (not all, but many) bike shops already cater to one gender. Many shops that carry women's clothing, bikes, and gear, usually have it as an after thought or a very limited selection. As a woman, I often have to shop online for many of my needs because I struggle to find my size, colors I like to wear, etc. Believe it or not, most women are not fond of jerseys and bike clothing that are adorned with butterflies, flowers, swirls, pinks, and purples. I also prefer to buy bikes that are women-specific because our geometry is different from men. I cannot wait for BFF Bikes. It's a shop owned by women for women. What's not to love about that? 

You couldn't have replied to Diego any better Yasmeen. Thank you. 

Yasmeen said:

I'm not thinking we need a debate about having a bike shop that caters to one gender especially when, as a woman, in Chicago, my experience is that many (not all, but many) bike shops already cater to one gender. Many shops that carry women's clothing, bikes, and gear, usually have it as an after thought or a very limited selection. As a woman, I often have to shop online for many of my needs because I struggle to find my size, colors I like to wear, etc. Believe it or not, most women are not fond of jerseys and bike clothing that are adorned with butterflies, flowers, swirls, pinks, and purples. I also prefer to buy bikes that are women-specific because our geometry is different from men. I cannot wait for BFF Bikes. It's a shop owned by women for women. What's not to love about that? 

someone needs to recreate that on a bike :))

Vanessa B said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service