The Chainlink

Anyone heard about the campaign below or seen this sign?

Website is - http://www.dontchangebarringtonhills.com/

Views: 6446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's Barrington Hills--the community of people who do not want to change life as they know it.

Our mission is to protect the rural, equestrian, and bucolic character of Barrington Hills, free of traffic and suburban sprawl.

Isn't "bucolic" that thing where a baby spits up a lot?

Barrington Hills has a long history of fighting everything.

No respect, I tells ya.

John Durham said:

From the website copy: 

We have no obligation to a professional biking community, clad in spandex, who are regularly abusive to our residents and drivers, and urinate on our property.

WTF?

I'm laughing at the "free of suburban sprawl" thing.  Barrington Hills IS suburban sprawl!

h' 1.0 said:

Our mission is to protect the rural, equestrian, and bucolic character of Barrington Hills, free of traffic and suburban sprawl.

Totally.

Nick G said:

I'm laughing at the "free of suburban sprawl" thing.  Barrington Hills IS suburban sprawl!

h' 1.0 said:

but do they use horses for transportation?
Julie Hochstadter said:
Totally.

Nick G said:

h' 1.0 said:

Never been to Barrington Hills but if you want to live in posh community AND ride a bike move to Lake Forest.

I live and bike in the area and lack of bike lanes has never stopped me or other cyclist from enjoying the 'bucolic character' of the roads. Just have to watch out for the horseshit that dots the sides of the road. I also don't believe this is an 'Official' campaign of the local government. More than likely a group of  f*t*ss equestrians.

Or a third party set on stirring up foment between the bike community and the horse community.

Divide and conquer....

Richard Stiers said:

I also don't believe this is an 'Official' campaign of the local government. More than likely a group of  f*t*ss equestrians.

Priceless!

Nick G said:

h' 1.0 said:

FYI - Someone with the Barrington Hills Police Dept. sent an email to a lot of local bike clubs to the effect that they intend to enforce a law against groups of cyclists who don't ride single file. Charming.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service