The Chainlink

Photo by Ronit Bezalel

PeopleForBikes is announcing the fifth annual National Bike Challenge which starts on Sunday, May 1.

The Challenge will unite 100,000+ bicycle riders to pedal 75 million miles from May 1, 2016 until September 30, 2016.  It is an online platform, free for everyone to use to log their miles and celebrate riding, while finding inspiration to ride more often. The Challenge brings together tens of thousands of people who bike across the country who share a love of bicycling. 
Be part of The Chainlink team: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/9812 
You can automatically log miles on an app such as Strava or Map My Ride so you can easily sync it up so that it automatically updates their miles in the National Bike Challenge. When you log in, you just need to go to Manage Settings (left hand navigation bar) and scroll down to the Apps section to sync Strava.
This is super easy to be a part of it!
2. Ride your Bike!
3. Set up your auto logging of miles or enter your miles every day you ride.
4. Come back to this thread and post pics and your comments about the challenge.
5. Invite your friends to join us for the National Bike Challenge.
Woot!

Views: 2126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awww, cute! So many babies!!

Sweet! Glad to have you on the team. :-)

Are we allowed to switch teams? I'm in my fourth year of doing the challenge, but was assigned to a team in my first year. That has not changed. But it would be nice to be able to join the Chainlink team.

You can join a different team. Go to your Manage Settings on the left, and choose My Groups on top, and you can leave the other team and join this one.

Just click on 'manage group' near the bottom of the left hand side.  Click 'leave team' and go to 'search' on the bottom right hand side and type 'the chainlink' in the search field.  Click on the search result and click 'join'.

I'm not finding it. I click on "manage groups," and the options I get all begin with "create new." I see no "leave team" link. If I click on "manage settings," it's all about my personal data, but there is no mention of the team that I am a member of (Friends of Cycling Elk Grove). I do not live in Elk Grove, but was arbitrarily assigned to that team. 

Once you click on "Manage settings" on the left navigation, choose "My Groups" at the top of the page. That will allow you to leave the Elk Grove team for The Chainlink. Does that help? Good luck!

This is what's showing when I searched you.  Friends of the Cycling Elk Grove is your local advocacy challenge group, not your team.

INFO
LISLE, IL

Community

IL

State

OK. I searched and found the Chainlink, and joined the team. I'm still, however, a member of "Friends of Cycling Elk Grove (FCEG)," which evidently is not a team, but rather an "Advocacy Challenge." So, maybe I never was on a "team" in the first place. Sorry I missed out on the t-shirt, but at least I am now on the team. Further, I see that I am in 16th place on the Chainlink leader board. An improvement compared my 97th position on the FCEG leaderboard. Glad to be aboard.

In case anyone else is as confused as I am with being affiliated with the Friends of Cycling Elk Grove advocacy challenge... I contacted the National Bike Challenge about it and they let me know that riders are automatically added to an advocacy challenge by zip code. I've asked that they look into adding an opt in/opt out option for the advocacy challenge. It's not that I have anything against the Friends of Cycling in Elk Grove, it just seems odd that it wasn't a choice to become affiliated with the group and odd that Elk Grove is able to claim Evanston and perhaps other Chicago area riders in their challenge. 

Yesterday I went up to Kettle Moraine South and did the perimeter ride (I have a book of rides in Wisconsin). It was my third time doing this ride. The hills seem a little easier. 

Wearing my Chainlink kit :-)

Passed these beautiful Holsteins grazing near the road. 

I hope those weren't ear buds for you to listen to music while riding.  That's a cycling hazard. :->

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service