The Chainlink

Photo by Ronit Bezalel

PeopleForBikes is announcing the fifth annual National Bike Challenge which starts on Sunday, May 1.

The Challenge will unite 100,000+ bicycle riders to pedal 75 million miles from May 1, 2016 until September 30, 2016.  It is an online platform, free for everyone to use to log their miles and celebrate riding, while finding inspiration to ride more often. The Challenge brings together tens of thousands of people who bike across the country who share a love of bicycling. 
Be part of The Chainlink team: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/9812 
You can automatically log miles on an app such as Strava or Map My Ride so you can easily sync it up so that it automatically updates their miles in the National Bike Challenge. When you log in, you just need to go to Manage Settings (left hand navigation bar) and scroll down to the Apps section to sync Strava.
This is super easy to be a part of it!
2. Ride your Bike!
3. Set up your auto logging of miles or enter your miles every day you ride.
4. Come back to this thread and post pics and your comments about the challenge.
5. Invite your friends to join us for the National Bike Challenge.
Woot!

Views: 2126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Miles are posting on our Chainlink page! Jim in Evanston is leading in points. First 25 to sign up (and get miles on the board!) for the National Bike Challenge on Chainlink's team will get a Chainlink t-shirt and bragging rights. 
If you haven't signed up yet, it's super easy to do. Just follow the link and it only takes a few minutes. If you have Strava or Map My Ride, you can set it up to track your miles automatically:https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/9812

Yasmeen, Thanks for posting the announcement about the challenge! Signup was easy, although my switch to Strava for automated syncing has been kindof confusing... will see if I stick with Strava or try Map My Ride when the 30 day trial runs out. Oh how I miss the days of my analog speedometer on my banana seat Schwinn.

That's great! I agree, my Huffy days were simple and lovely...
I was able to get Map My Ride set up pretty easily but noticed the miles don't post until the next day. I am used to my Garmin/Map My Ride sync happening in real time.

If you haven't already, be sure to join The Chainlink team. :-)

Yep, same for Strava, there's some discussion on the challenge site that they're working on an update for the syncing issues. It also looks like the points and impacts need some work. I like how The Chainlink team's points are 552% transport and -452% recreation... I've never been great with math, but something doesn't seem right. And yep, I think I managed to join The Chainlink team to put my commuting miles to good use!

Jim, you are killing it! Congrats on your top spot. You have quite a commute. 

We now have 9 Chainlink members and if more people join, we can move up to a higher spot for the challenge. I think we can really be in contention for this challenge. Soooo, if you haven't joined, it's super easy and the first 25 will get a Chainlink t-shirt and bragging rights. It's fun to see the miles track as the team collectively adds their miles. 

Thanks! I don't ride every day, but when I do it's about 20 miles each way. Here's my daughter and I on the final stretch home. And if anyone is worrying, we stopped to take the snap. I don't selfie while riding, the idea of crashing is an idea I prefer to avoid. If anyone is on the fence about joining the challenge, put your miles to good use and see if we can get The Chainlink higher in the rankings!

Great photo! Thanks for joining the challenge. :-)

Joined!  The team won't benefit much from my measly miles, but sounds fun anyway.  

On it! Been doing the challenge for the past three years. First team. Motivated even more now!

Awesome! Thanks for joining the team. :-)

Sounds fun, I need a longer commute to get up on the leaderboard

Na, you should join us. You can commute, grocery shop, etc. with your bike and you'll be on the leaderboard in no time. And you'll get a Chainlink t-shirt! :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service