The Chainlink

Are the Marauders and other like minded cyclists meeting up before the Mcdonalds Midnight L.A.T.E Ride somewhere? Anyone planning on crashing the ride in large numbers?

I don't see anyone discussing this happening online or in person. And for some reason I ain't on the MM list serve, I should probably get on that.

Two years ago the L.A.T.E Ride audit was super bad ass fun. It was certainly one of the more memorable midnight rides in recent memory.

If you're joining us, please, RSVP and invite your friends on Facebook [ https://www.facebook.com/events/411389172247347 ] or the Chainlink [ http://www.thechainlink.org/events/mcdonalds-l-a-t-e-ride-audit ]!

Views: 6554

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welp if this is what's expected now then who are we to deny

h' said:

Discussion of the L.A.T.E. ride came up at work today. Like all recent spontaneous workplace discussions of organized bicycle events in Chicago, someone asked if the riders were naked :-)

L.A.M.E. Ride Audit is about as lame as the L.A.M.E. Ride.  This "anti" ride is one of the most embarrassing excuses for anarchy I've seen in a while.  Thanks for making me laugh, doofus'.  

well we rode bikes and had fun, that pretty much filled out our objectives. Sorry if you were expecting something else to happen that didn't.

Says the man who wore all his clothes on the naked ride!

Peenworm Grubologist said:

h' said:

Discussion of the L.A.T.E. ride came up at work today. Like all recent spontaneous workplace discussions of organized bicycle events in Chicago, someone asked if the riders were naked :-)

I didn't participate in either ride.  Just saying it seems like a relatively harmless and worthless thing to rally against -- but if you had fun then I guess it wasn't time completely wasted.  The original goal of the ride looked a little more serious to me, though.  Did you guys whiz by the L.A.T.E. riders shouting stuff like "State sanctioned fun is never fun!!"?  Or...did you just ride by "LOL"ing to yourselves about how much evil McDonald's sux while feeling superior to those ridiculous cyclists?  Genuinely curious about what went down on this ride.  

well we rode bikes and had fun, that pretty much filled out our objectives. Sorry if you were expecting something else to happen that didn't.

It's not really a rally against anything but a reason to rally up the friends and rally up the cocktails and have some good times on two wheels.  Nice night be out riding and drinking.

Zoetrope said:

I didn't participate in either ride.  Just saying it seems like a relatively harmless and worthless thing to rally against -- but if you had fun then I guess it wasn't time completely wasted.  The original goal of the ride looked a little more serious to me, though.  Did you guys whiz by the L.A.T.E. riders shouting stuff like "State sanctioned fun is never fun!!"?  Or...did you just ride by "LOL"ing to yourselves about how much evil McDonald's sux while feeling superior?   

OK, so it had nothing to do with the L.A.T.E. Ride.  But, it just so happened to take place at the same time and location as the L.A.T.E. Ride.  And has an interestingly similar name to the original ride.  Got it.

Craig S. said:

It's not really a rally against anything but a reason to rally up the friends and rally up the cocktails and have some good times on two wheels.  Nice night be out riding and drinking.

Yeah, not sure about all the anarchy.  We just didn't pay to ride our beloved bikes in our beloved city.  We drank beer, smoked, ate and laughed.  Awesome time.  I want to do it at least once a week.  but my friends aren't bikers :-(

Sounds like an awesome time.  I'd be happy if I could do that once a week, too.  Did you know proceeds of the event go to charity?  http://lateride.org/

Mo Hussain said:

Yeah, not sure about all the anarchy.  We just didn't pay to ride our beloved bikes in our beloved city.  We drank beer, smoked, ate and laughed.  Awesome time.  I want to do it at least once a week.  but my friends aren't bikers :-(

Let me try to explain all of the politics. Here we go:

Riding bikes is fun.

We rode our bikes and had fun.

Zoetrope said:

I didn't participate in either ride.  Just saying it seems like a relatively harmless and worthless thing to rally against -- but if you had fun then I guess it wasn't time completely wasted.  The original goal of the ride looked a little more serious to me, though.  Did you guys whiz by the L.A.T.E. riders shouting stuff like "State sanctioned fun is never fun!!"?  Or...did you just ride by "LOL"ing to yourselves about how much evil McDonald's sux while feeling superior to those ridiculous cyclists?  Genuinely curious about what went down on this ride.  

HEY, I did NOT have a blazer, and my tie was LOOSE

Practically as on the day I was born!

Laura said:

With a name like "Peenworm" it might have been a good thing that he was clothed.

Laura said:

h' said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service