The Chainlink

Another Stolen Bike...2012 CANNONDALE CADD8 black/white Road bike

I locked it up nice and tight outside Union Station Late saturday night because Metra wouldn't allow me to board with it cause of over crowded train due to Air/Water Show. when i came back for it early tuesday morning, it was gone. no lock, nothing. It had my florecent green aerobe frisbee locked w/it. frisbee had in red ink...my name, cell#, and names of all the dogs in my life. and it read...Chicago's Favorite Dogsitter! The flexible fende had bumper stickers all over it. One read in black/white...FREETHEWEED.  I feel numb today! So Sad! I feel like i lost one of my limbs...so incomplete!  paid $1200.00 and i still owe $700.00. It did have the wheel locks on it. Please keep and eye/ear out for my bike. No...i never got around to regestering it. I kick myself in the ass!  Anyone have an extra bike i can barrow for Critical Mass next week? :(

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I REALLY LOVED THIS BIKE...I HATE THE THIEF WHO STOLE IT!

Really sucks! we'll keep on eye out.

We've received two reports of stolen Cannondale CAAD8s at the Chicago Stolen Bicycle Registry in the past two days, but apparently not yours.

I think what h was suggesting is, "you should file a report on the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry."

h' said:

We've received two reports of stolen Cannondale CAAD8s at the Chicago Stolen Bicycle Registry in the past two days, but apparently not yours.

Gotcha, just did it but could not find seriel # and i never registerd it with police. Thanks Kev

Kevin C said:

I think what h was suggesting is, "you should file a report on the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry."

h' said:

Have you checked with the shop that sold it to you? They might have the serial # on file.

-jbn

joey Luna said:

Gotcha, just did it but could not find seriel # and i never registerd it with police. Thanks Kev

I went yesterday to Kozy's in south Loop. He said he would have to search the hard drive. So i told them that i had it @ home. I was wrong. Going back there in the morning. Thanks J

If you can get the serial number, at home or from Kozy's, get it. It is the single most important piece of identifying information when trying to recover a stolen bike.

joey Luna said:

I went yesterday to Kozy's in south Loop. He said he would have to search the hard drive. So i told them that i had it @ home. I was wrong. Going back there in the morning. Thanks J

That would be a really poor reflection on Kozy's if they didn't have record of a serial number of a recently purchased new bike. 

Without serial number you stand at least some chance of police assistance if you should spot it if you can produce a police report number. Best way to report it is via 311. Response times have been better recently but you may need to call late at night to get through.

That makes sense. I did call 311 right away and of course i had to leave my info...still waiting on a call back. Thanks H! just the fact that so many on here, and facebook have been so suportive, really restores my faith in humanity:)

Joey,

I'm sorry you have to go to this level of difficulty but you will probably not get a call back, so I would just call again and hope to reach a person as if you had never left your info. Things get easier after about 6 PM, easier again after about 10 PM, and very easy after midnight or 1 A.M.  Hope you saw Kevin's recommendation per e-mail-- I concur.

hate to be that guy but.....if you leave a brand new bike out for 3 nights its going to get stolen....sucks that thats how things are, but thats how things are.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service