The Chainlink

Looking for some tips regarding the transition to a carfree lifestyle. I am considering selling the big hunker (its a tiny Toyota Scion actually but still) and would like to hear about your experiences. Do you use IGO or Zip? What do you think of them? Any regrets?

I need some support right now, I'm on the fence, and its cold snowy out.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well- I have the first (and maybe only) buyer coming to look at my car tomorrow morning. The deed may be done soon! Once it happens I'll be planning a carfree party and will invite all you.
huh?

amos scattergood said:
congratulations!

I think that was you heckled me from the silver scion to turn around for critical mass!
car didn't sell yet. will put details on here soon.

If anyone is looking for a compact, fuel efficent car, call or email me.

2005 Toyota Scion XA-

This car measures 154 inches long so you can find parking virtually anywhere!

Original Owner
Never been in an accident
Color - Silver
Body type: Hatchback
Mileage: 43348
Excellent miles per gallon (32 city, 37 highway)
Power Door Locks
Dual Air Bags
Dual Power Mirrors
Keyless Entry
Power Windows
Air Conditioning
Rear Window Defroster
New CD Player with ipod plug
Tilt Steering Wheel
Anti-Lock Braking System (abs)
Three new tires

Vehicle Highlights from Scion.com-
Scion is Toyota's youth-oriented line, and the xA 4-dr hatchback is Scion's least-expensive model. Like its Scion siblings, xA is a small front-wheel-drive model sold through Toyota dealers. The xA borrows from Toyota's Echo its 1.5-liter 4-cyl engine, manual and optional automatic transmissions, and other underskin components. Standard equipment includes ABS, air conditioning, power windows/locks/mirrors, single-disc CD stereo, and 60/40 split folding rear seat.

Call or email Julie at 312-799-2844.
i want a pony
I have one that I'm giving away, but her magic brush is obscenely expensive.

carl harris said:
i want a pony
so your party was that good eh?

carl harris said:
i want a pony
I've used I-Go for occasional trips for almost 3 years. I'm on the budget plan. Very few problems, and I-Go folks have been helpful on the phone on those rare occasions. My usage has been multiple errands in a part of town away from home (north side, Evanston, etc.) in a limited time frame (2-3 hours), such as taking someone with limited mobility out to dinner or a medical appointment. For this type of usage, it's been an affordable and useful transportation option. The only downside is that they don't have a location in Beverly, so I can't use I-Go here. :( I keep bugging them, but I guess they're not getting enough demand here yet.
My last car was a 1985 Fiero. Just kinda stopped using it and have been car-free for nearly 20 years.
It is pretty much a doable thing from anywhere in the city. As much as we all grouse about the CTA, it's there and it (mostly) works.
You can do it!
It's done! No more car...watch the calendar for the car(e)free party!!!!
that is the exact reason the party will not be at my house (maybe the afterparty if you are lucky...)

M.A.R.K. said:
Does car free party mean free beer party? I look forward to peeing in your sinks.

Julie Hochstadter said:
Buyer showings will be with IGO/ Zip/Bikes (depending on the buyer)....I have been doing most of my listings (showing property for the seller) by bike already. No one believes me when I tell them I came on my bike (and half the the time I am waiting on the late buyer and their agent who are looking for parking in Lincoln Park on a Saturday in the summer). I am learning to master the art of business casual commuting. It was a challenge this winter. Summer is a breeze!

h3 said:
Julie Hochstadter said:

Congrats! So . . . when I went carfree I found that all the things I thought I'd need to rent a car to do just . . . went away. How are you going to do realty showings?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service