The Chainlink

What are your motivations etc…

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bike for many reasons. Sitting in the car is just so boring. To meet other bikers, to eat anything I want and not worry about getting fat, it feels so damn good and I am addicted to riding. You do not see that many fat-assed bikers, unless your in Wisconsin!!! Moooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like to explore new places, and I have no set limits. I can ride as long as I want and not worry about having to fill up. Most of all it makes me feel alive. Ask anyone that rides. Even a bad day of rding is better than a good day of work.
Fatass cyclist checking in. I don't know how old you are, but that "eating whatever you want without getting fat" thing probably isn't going to last forever.

Jim said:
I bike for many reasons. Sitting in the car is just so boring. To meet other bikers, to eat anything I want and not worry about getting fat, it feels so damn good and I am addicted to riding. You do not see that many fat-assed bikers, unless your in Wisconsin!!! Moooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like to explore new places, and I have no set limits. I can ride as long as I want and not worry about having to fill up. Most of all it makes me feel alive. Ask anyone that rides. Even a bad day of rding is better than a good day of work.
I've been obsessed with bikes since getting a bmx bike back in the 70's. When I was old enough for a road bike it was all over. I love the freedom of being out on the roads and leaving everything else behind. I love the fitness a seasons worth of riding brings. I LOVE the beauty of a bike. I've been blessed with the talent to ride well when I used to race. GAWD there are SO many reasons to love riding...
right now i bike out of spite.
I used it as a tool to quit smoking. Everywhere I usually walked or rode cta I began biking so I wouldn't be tempted to smoke while I waited or walked. It worked! Smoke free for almost a year now. And now my bikes are my babies!! I bike because its fun, its healthy, its a sense of freedom and independence not being on the cta's schedule, its environmentally responsible, its a great way to socialize and meet people, its fun, its exciting, bike winter was a challenge that I was proud to make it through and keep riding. The list of reasons why I bike is endless
A Zen master teacher saw five of his students return from the market, riding their bicycles. When they dismounted, the teacher asked the students, “Why are you riding your bicycles?”

The first student replied, “The bicycle is carrying this sack of potatoes, I am glad that I do not have to carry them on my back!" The teacher praised the student, saying,”You are a smart boy. When you grow old, you will not walk hunched over as I do.”

The second student replied, “I love to watch the trees and fields pass by as I roll down the path.” The teacher commended the student, “Your eyes are open and you see the world.”

The third student replied, “When I ride my bike I am content to chant, nam myoho renge kyo.” The teacher praised the student, saying, your mind will roll with the ease of a newly trued wheel.”

The fourth student answered, "Riding my bicycle, I live in harmony with all beings.” The teacher was pleased and said “You are riding on the golden path of non-harming.”

The fifth student replied, “I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle.” The teacher went and sat at the feet of the fifth student and said, “I am your disciple”
I ride for the salvation of my soul.
In the dead of winter, after a vicious snowfall coupled with inhuman temperatures, the co-workers who happily shovel their cars out of glaciers, let them warm up for 20 minutes, and drive an hour to the office would always ask "how the HELL did you ride today?"

Heh.

I've become really adept at biting my tongue.

M.A.R.K. said:
Whenever someone asks me why I bike(vs. drive), I can only ask, why the hell not?
what the fuck else is there to do?
"You can't return that due to spite."

"Ok, well I change my mind, I just didn't like it."

"I'm sorry you already said spite.."

RodimusPrime said:
right now i bike out of spite.
Because I don't have wings
frickin love your answers!

justJason said:
In the dead of winter, after a vicious snowfall coupled with inhuman temperatures, the co-workers who happily shovel their cars out of glaciers, let them warm up for 20 minutes, and drive an hour to the office would always ask "how the HELL did you ride today?"

Heh.

I've become really adept at biting my tongue.

M.A.R.K. said:
Whenever someone asks me why I bike(vs. drive), I can only ask, why the hell not?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service