The Chainlink

discuss, discuss..

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's less than ideal, but I'd rather take my chances on my bike than wait around for the bus, and taking a cab every time you want to grab a couple drinks is not practical or affordable. I probably wouldn't go on a biking pub crawl or a ride with the specific purpose of getting wasted and biking around, but a couple of drinks is not going to be a big deal.

Although sometimes on a hot day in the summer, I'll think I'm fine to ride home after drinking, but then I feel myself sort of getting drunker as I ride (because of dehydration, I assume).
I'm 100% for biking and drinking. When I'm drunk biking, I move way slower, and my swerving helps cars see me. Plus, if/when I hit a pedestrian, I'm much more soft and pliable upon impact.

Really though, a few drinks on a bike maybe ups your danger levels to others by like 2%. I see no harm in it as long as you're ok with injuring yourself more often.
But WHERE are people drinking and biking TONIGHT?

Bryan D said:
I'm 100% for biking and drinking. When I'm drunk biking, I move way slower, and my swerving helps cars see me. Plus, if/when I hit a pedestrian, I'm much more soft and pliable upon impact.

Really though, a few drinks on a bike maybe ups your danger levels to others by like 2%. I see no harm in it as long as you're ok with injuring yourself more often.
I've seen you plenty wasted then getting on the bike....

heather stratton said:
It's less than ideal, but I'd rather take my chances on my bike than wait around for the bus, and taking a cab every time you want to grab a couple drinks is not practical or affordable. I probably wouldn't go on a biking pub crawl or a ride with the specific purpose of getting wasted and biking around, but a couple of drinks is not going to be a big deal.
Although sometimes on a hot day in the summer, I'll think I'm fine to ride home after drinking, but then I feel myself sort of getting drunker as I ride (because of dehydration, I assume).
I don't notice that many people drinking by the lake but I do enjoy it. hence the name of my group.
It nice to drink outside of a bar or apartment. I usually do it after a decent bike ride getting to the spot by the lake, sit back take some pictures and have enough beers to get a decent buzz going. then its small streets all the way back home. I notice that I have a huge issue staying on after a large amount of drinking, found this out after i tried to biked home from a house party I ended up walking my bike half way home.
I do it but have started trying to do it in moderation after losing a tooth and breaking my hand in an accident that probably would not have happened had I not been so boozed up.

Like all things it is about moderation.
True, and I have learned from my mistakes.

cutifly said:
mistakes . . . quitter!

heather stratton said:
True, and I have learned from my mistakes.

cutifly said:
I love drinking and biking! I become more paranoid and much stronger and faster on the open straightaways like Elston late at night. It dulls the pain...
going to see some bands:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=121431604535418

(i'm kinda assuming you have facebook)
I've never been one to let my riding get in the way of my drinking.
I've been drinking and riding since I was 16, am 45 now... It's all about knowing your limits... If I'm too drunk to ride I sleep off at a friends or take public transit home... Btw to drunk for me is seeing double and unable to stand up,usually caused by malort...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service